Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 85 toy with a 22r and i am swaping the efi over from a 87 with a 22re with an automatic tranny. will my instrment cluster from my 85 work with the 87 harrness since it came from an auto? thanks alot for any input

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yes. Or no.:D It will work but you may have to move a couple of wires in the plugs that go to the panel. Check this before you plug them in.

Did you get all of the wiring from the '87?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could also cut the EFI out of the 87 harness and solder it to the 85 harness in a few places... just carefully trace what you need from the wiring diagrams. Thats what I did to put a 22re from an 84 celica into our 84 extra cab... but in that case it wasn't feasible to swap the entire harness like it is in yours.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The latest 4WD&SU magazine has a big detailed article on doing this swap. I just got mine last night, haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I did see a photo when scanning the article that said something about differences in the gauges. You might wanna get this issue and check it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i did get the whole harness from the 87 i lookes at a buddys truck that had a 22re with an auto the swaped in a 5 speed so now my last question is will my SR5 dash pod wit ha tack and stuff work with the 87 harness
thanks for the input so far Trevor

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
85toyflatbed said:
... so now my last question is will my SR5 dash pod wit ha tack and stuff work with the 87 harness
That was your first question. Did you miss my first post??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts