Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruffstuff doesn't sell it separate, and is out of stock of the calipers.

Lugnut4x4 wants $150 USD to ship them to Canada (just the hardware, so what will fit in a padded envelope). Get fucked.

Anywhere else?

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it off ebay years ago, quick search I can't find them anymore.
It looks like the few places other that used to make it are out of business. :confused:

Maybe because Eldorado calipers stuck. :homer:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Great Lakes Offroad posted here a while back. I answered that I had some OEM on a shelf, collecting dust. After a few PMs he thinks mine aren't the same as what he was selling. Been too long for me to remember the details, but try sourceing Great Lakes Offroad here, or at their website.

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm just going to look for a better solution to this. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Is there an import tariff?

Because it should fit in a standard ($10 or so) US Postal Service box for shipping. No fancy tracking or whatnot, but damn, it's a couple STEEL brackets and spring. It's not like they're going to get damaged.

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there an import tariff?

Because it should fit in a standard ($10 or so) US Postal Service box for shipping. No fancy tracking or whatnot, but damn, it's a couple STEEL brackets and spring. It's not like they're going to get damaged.
No tariff. Tax would be COD.

It's $35 for a small flat rate priority international box, which it would fit in. But that's not normally the cheapest option, and assumes no account pricing. Normally UPS or Fedex is cheaper.

I think their price is for a box + we're charging you a handling charge like it's 1992.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
+ we're charging you a handling charge like it's 1992.
So.... in simple terms, you complaining about a $15 upcharge, when you're already saving $100 over the competitors pricing? All other things being equal?

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So.... in simple terms, you complaining about a $15 upcharge, when you're already saving $100 over the competitors pricing? All other things being equal?
Yup. Fuck them.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
$49.60 USD to ship.

Granted that's $100 less than Lugnut, but like fuck.

Don't understand why shipping to us canucks has to be so punitive. Rockauto ships little stuff like that to Canada for $10-15. No other COD fees.

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't understand why shipping to us canucks has to be so punitive. Rockauto ships little stuff like that to Canada for $10-15. No other COD fees.
Exactly. I order a ton of shit from them. My last order of $350 worth of crap (hoses, filters, sensors, etc, enough stuff it is going in two large boxes) shipped for $35.

·
Disc brake guru
6,686 Posts
Thanks for all the comments guys, lol. Did ya ever think to reach out to me? Mostly we sell complete kits. It's $150 to ship a complete kit which is about 75lbs to Canada. Since we are brake guys and not computer guys, and rarely sell individual parts, our website isn't smart enough to figure out shipping for individual parts. It's been a month, so I'm sure you got them by now, but if not just contact me and I will take care of ya.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts