Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys ____ need some opinions on the “Toyota electric locker”. They have been converted to a manual system via “push- pull cable”. I’m wondering how dependable they would be. Also, how they would compare with other lockers ” manual or auto”. Are there any other hidden problems associated with this system in particular that I wouldn’t encounter with other lockers systems(dependability, durability).Also what would be a fair price?Your opinions are greatly appreciated ,thanks in advance ._____BAYRUNNER

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
_____yes_____we are________right :laughing:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive had one in the back of my runner for about five years. Hard to say yeah or nay. I will say if you are looking at buying new i would personally pony up the extra cash for an arb. No external motor and if you decide to move it to the front you can easily.
If you pick one up from the wrecker like i managed too then they are definately a good score.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ill tell you to specificaly search for the cable conversions, lots of opinions about them.

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
_______what____the_______ is ________going_on???
I guess I'm the only one who remembers this poster...search on his other posts. I always figured he was joking, no one could both (a) make those posts look like that on purpose, and (b) consistently ask the most basic, over asked questions every single time without ever even trying to search.

·
Banned
470 Posts
I like em. Even with the electric actuator, it has never let me down and hasn't broken. The other stuff you can find.

If they are not used for a long while, the homing switch inside tends to loose contact as lubricant runs under the contact finger and is doing so opens up the ground path. There is a simple fix for that which will fix it until you don't use it for a few months then you have to fix it again. If you know what you're doing, it's about a five minute fix. That's about all that seems to happen to them other than folks flooding them out by dipping the breather tube under water or maybe bashing it on a rock.

If you want a simple control circuit for the electric actuator there is a schematic in the TTORA FAQ/TECH Wiki that I worked up. If you want it and can't find it, shoot me a PM with your email addy.

·
Banned
470 Posts
ARBs always seem to develop leaks sooner or later. Plus with the Toy electric you can quickly remove the actuator if need be and force lock or unlock. With the ARB, it's just plain broke, then you're open.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
ARBs always seem to develop leaks sooner or later. Plus with the Toy electric you can quickly remove the actuator if need be and force lock or unlock. With the ARB, it's just plain broke, then you're open.
ring pinions wear out. Bearings wear out. Whats your point? :shaking:

·
Registered
3 Posts
E-Lockers

Got them in the front and the rear of my 85 runner no problem what so ever. . If you can find them cheep but them

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
When does this happen? I have been running ARB's for twelve years with no problems. I want to be ready for it.:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts