Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 YJ with a 360 and I am having issues with extreme heat in the cab. I have looked at hood scoops but there are not too many available they are all just for show. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Any holes in the firewall or floor pan? My CJ was brutal with any under-hood airflow into the cab. Next step I would take would be heat shielding the firewall if it happens at speed.

For the hood, I used boat louvers and used mesh/screen on the fenders behind the tire to let hot air out. Inner fenders may get hacked too if that's not enough.

EDIT: probably should move this to newbie as it certainly isn't hardcore.

·
Registered
660 Posts
CJ7s with factory V8s had metal heat shields spot welded right on the firewall near where the exhaust manifolds are on both sides. They space out from the tub about 1/2". You might be able to fabricate them and weld or rivet something similar on your YJ tub.

Maybe someone can post a pic of them on a factory V8 CJ-7 tub??

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeh not really hardcore but, on my CJ7 i wrapped everything from the header back about 3' with fiberglass exhaust wrap. made a heck of a difference inside

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
yeh not really hardcore but, on my CJ7 i wrapped everything from the header back about 3' with fiberglass exhaust wrap. made a heck of a difference inside
How did that hold up? Being in VA, I'm presuming it got wet/muddy, and rust is the main reason I haven't considered that yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How did that hold up? Being in VA, I'm presuming it got wet/muddy, and rust is the main reason I haven't considered that yet.
It seems to be holding up fine but its only been about two years, i did however drag a section of it across a jersey wall at an event about a month ago and the wrap didnt fair too well, pipe underneath looked clean and not rusty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts