Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Cooler oil is always good, but you better plan on running a filter somewhere between the cooler and the block off.

If you have never ran a cooler off of the filter mount then where have you ran an engine oil cooler from?

·
In GOD we trust. USA
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Rockslut said:
Cooler oil is always good, but you better plan on running a filter somewhere between the cooler and the block off.

If you have never ran a cooler off of the filter mount then where have you ran an engine oil cooler from?
Actually, I've run a tranny cooler. I've never run an engine oil cooler....what I'm wondering about is the adaptor cause any unusaul problems, leaks?

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
As long as the adpater is installed correctly and kept tight it shouldnt be a problem. I prefer the sandwich style setups better but if the current location of the filter is an issue than this would be the best time to relocate it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I run a block off with a relocated filter and converted a cheap tranny cooler to an oil cooler. It saved me about 20-30 degrees of engine operating temp and got me 1.5 qts. extra oil capacity.

I used to run the style of block off that you have pictured and had noting but problems with it sealing. I later switched to an 45* angle adapter from Canton Racing Products and have had zero sealing problems and it is a much niocer unit.

Canton also makes a TON of cool oil supply and motor goodies.

·
In GOD we trust. USA
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DUG said:
I run a block off with a relocated filter and converted a cheap tranny cooler to an oil cooler. It saved me about 20-30 degrees of engine operating temp and got me 1.5 qts. extra oil capacity.

I used to run the style of block off that you have pictured and had noting but problems with it sealing. I later switched to an 45* angle adapter from Canton Racing Products and have had zero sealing problems and it is a much niocer unit.

Canton also makes a TON of cool oil supply and motor goodies.
Stuff looks good. What is the part number for the 45*.....wasn't able to find it. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
825 Posts
NoJoke said:

Stuff looks good. What is the part number for the 45*.....wasn't able to find it. Thanks for the link.
No idea on the P/N, I bought mine years ago from a local speed shop. Sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts