Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some problems with my choke not working in the morningsd on my carburator but I dont konw if this has to do with anyhting or not. Today me and a group of my friends went wheeling and I was trying to concour this hill climb whne I stalled at the very top and my truck started to roll back down in first gear and I started to here this sound like you are going down hill in first gear. Well the rest of the day the truck wont idle, when you push in the clutch at a stop light is stall, a few time it would idle but sounded kinda weird. Im trying to figure out whats wrong. Is it my Carb?? I would think it could be timing. All help is appreicated.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
ummm running the engine in reverse isn't good!!!!!

when i stall mine i push in the clutch and hit the brakes! i have done the same thing though. but i don't run backwards down hills in first gear. mine usuall takes a while to start but it runs fine. it is fuel injected if that makes a difference?

it sounds like something is messed with the carb though. you could have blown a hose off somewhere running the engine backwards. these are just assumptions though look at the obvious things under the hood!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was out there now playing with the timeing, before it ran fine, and my distributor is turned all the way clockwise. Is this kinda of weird? Its is a 22R, I didnt have time, by the time I pushed in the clutch and hit the breaks I was at the bottom. It happened, hella fast I was idleing, went to give it some gas, lost all power, stalled and started to mod backwards, then I hit the clutch and the brakes. Now it wont even start, unless I put gas in the carburator. What the fawk??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got if fixed, thanks for your help though!! I turns out it was the hose, that connects the the (pcv looking thing) that sits in the houseing that the air filter sits in. What is this? Also, when yuo go back in first gear is your engine rotateing the wrong way??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does it fawk it up pretty good??

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
not to bad. i haven't really ever run it that was though. i guess as long as it runs who cares? so your timing was off? is that all besides the hose?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The timeing wasnt off, It played with it, moved it counterclockwise, and then moved it all the way clockwise and it runs like a dream again. Chock still doesnt work. Anyone know why it wouldnt??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts