Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a multi-port fuel injected 2.8 for free that im planning on putting in my 83. Im in the process of attaining Dana 44's, 4 link front and rear, and I was wondering what transmission and transfercase would work best, Im also planning on running a 36. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,751 Posts
th700r4 mated to a np207 so you can have the first toyota bodied sas'd S-10 on the trails. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is the same 2.8 used in s10s and blazers? I'd think real hard before putting one of those in a crawler. I've driven 3 different vehicles with stock 2.8s. :barf: Almost no power before 3500rpm. 22re feels like it has more pull up until that point (it might not, but it sure feels like it). That being said, they're probably entirely different beasts recammed for low rpm stuff. Never had one of those though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
ummm.... if ur just going to swap out all the yota for crap... might as well start with something else.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
keep the yota axles and ditch the 2.8 idea....learn to tune the carb or go TBI 4.3...

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
X5 those motors are junk. Just cause its free or cheap don't make it a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts