Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya...i know theres no such thing as enough triangulation!:flipoff2:

but this is my first link suspension build...and i REALLY dont feel like building again for a while without wheelin...i cant stress this enough...sluice sally knows what i mean!:laughing:

anyways....mocking up the rear suspension...and this is about(within an inch left or right) of where my arms will be....what say those whove done their fair share of link suspensions.

yes...i am aware there is an eye bolt in the upper...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks good, what is the link seperation at the axle and at the frame?
ill have to go out and double check....as i cant find my link calc measurements....how much would you say would work good...in life...not in theory?

i know im gonna have more at the axle than at the frame...theres no way around that....as im already gonna have to box in the body a shitload to clear the uppers.

for posting sakes this is a TJ with the wheelbase pushed out to 100" and is on 35s...for the time being...and going to be running 37...possibly 38s if i can find the fundage for alloys for the front 44 and cryo dipping the rear(F8.8)

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Looks fine to me. I maybe would have done a little less separation at the frame with the lowers but as long as your numbers match your calculator specs you should be just fine. Doesnt seem like the calculators were designd for "theory". Also I highly recomend your attach that truss to the axle in a 3rd location. I.E fab a tab to connect it to a couple bolts on the diff cover or gusset the sides at the tube or even plate it down and weld to the diff housing itself. Just somehow i would reinforce that more. It will see a lot of force and and you dont wanna reap the results when your rip it off on a trail. Weld the 8.8 tube to the housing too.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What material are you using....thickness? The link mounts look thin.

BTW, that is a screw hook....not an eye bolt.
1/4 inch for all my link mounts...

and you know what i meant...im tired:laughing::flipoff2:

Looks fine to me. I maybe would have done a little less separation at the frame with the lowers but as long as your numbers match your calculator specs you should be just fine. Doesnt seem like the calculators were designd for "theory". Also I highly recomend your attach that truss to the axle in a 3rd location. I.E fab a tab to connect it to a couple bolts on the diff cover or gusset the sides at the tube or even plate it down and weld to the diff housing itself. Just somehow i would reinforce that more. It will see a lot of force and and you dont wanna reap the results when your rip it off on a trail. Weld the 8.8 tube to the housing too.
im planning on making a tab that goes from the 4 top cover bolts to the truss.....as well as welding one to the back of the pumpkin...ive had this axle in for like 3 years now...first thing i did to the housing was weld the tubes to the housing...

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
1/4 inch for all my link mounts...

and you know what i meant...im tired:laughing::flipoff2:

im planning on making a tab that goes from the 4 top cover bolts to the truss.....as well as welding one to the back of the pumpkin...ive had this axle in for like 3 years now...first thing i did to the housing was weld the tubes to the housing...
Good deal :thumbsup: Glad to hear you not just another idiot slapping a few bars together and calling it a "4-link".

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good deal :thumbsup: Glad to hear you not just another idiot slapping a few bars together and calling it a "4-link".
nope...did a fair amount of searching before i started.....but still thought i would post up for the masterminds of the board to look at:laughing:

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I usually setup my vertical sepreation around 9" at the axle and 4.5" at the frame. Upper link or links usually 75-80% the length of the lowers. Has always worked well for me.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I love the screw look, now your wife can hang flowers from your rig while it sits up =):flipoff2:
holy thread bump batman:laughing::flipoff2:

i didnt know i was married...was i drugged recently?? holy crap...will i have to pay alimony when i divorce this mystery woman?? and more importantly...wtf is my gf gonna say when i tell her im married:confused::confused:

:flipoff2:

and no jen..im not done yet...but im workin on the front as we speak...just needed a break from out in the garage:flipoff2:

·
Rotten Sperm
6,517 Posts
If thats the quality of your fab work then I probably will never be riding with you :flipoff2:

Looks fine dude... My general rule of thumbs is that the uppers and lowers generally have the same amount of seperation and the rest will be tits

Now hurry up and come back to Chico :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
looks like booty fab to me :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
dont mess with me boy :laughing:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts