Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOURWHEELER Magazine every year hosts the Top Truck event at Holister Hills and this year we are trying to make it as one of the Top Ten Trucks to be chosen for the event.

My buddy....Berto Pasciullo has entered his 78 CJ and has asked me to be his co driver.

In the April issue of FOURWHEELER Berto's Jeep is on page 42 and is truck # 51. Berto is a carpenter by trade (a good one at that....his attention in detail shows up in his Jeep as well) and built this truck himself. It's his first attempt at building his own rig...he did a lot of research and it turned out great.

It's a 78 CJ 7 with a custom built Chevy small block 400 puts out somewhere near 500 HP and around the same for ft pounds of torque, tranny is turbo 400, t case NP 205, axles are Dana 60's front and rear with Detroits and 5:86 gears, spring over with 39 inch Boggers, custom driveshafts, fuel cell and the wheelbase has been stretched to 102 inches.
It's been a complete frame up build.

We need help to make it to the Top Ten which is decided by the readers of FOURWHEELR. So we are asking for some help in the voting..so if you guys could VOTE for us. An entry form is located in the magazine and needs to be submitted before April 1.

It would be a blast for us to attend and I need a reason for another road trip. Besides after the trip I'm wanting to hang out on the Rubicon for a few days.

Remember we are TRUCK # 51

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I don't remember this happening last year... is this a regular thing? An influx of jackasses right before the TTC vote? It's more annoying than the "Official TDS" threads. :flipoff2: :rolleyes:

Doug

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Doug K said:
I don't remember this happening last year... is this a regular thing? An influx of jackasses right before the TTC vote? It's more annoying than the "Official TDS" threads. :flipoff2: :rolleyes:

Doug
yup, spaming more and more, hell ad your name to the threade of por bb members that made it, don't fuckin beg:rolleyes: I'll vote for well built rigs, not beggers.:D

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I thought the deal was we would be voting in PBB members? I can understand being a little frustrated with the guys who register just too try and gather up votes but this guy's member #is 183

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Yeah, it happen more each year. Atleast Jess and JR stuck around and is part of our family now. Anyone remember the Frog? Yeah, he's not around anymore.

Oh, yeah. I'm #64 and have been on the Pirate site since late 97 :D

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I went pretty strong with the campaign last year. I signed up for every BB I could find to get votes. I look back now and I am suprised I did not get flamed (not once). I stuck around here though and I am very thankful I found PBB. I used to think my truck was so bad ass.:rolleyes: :p

I do think it is gay if someone signs up for the votes, but how do you know they won't stick around?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yeah, I guess this thread has alot less value than the "favorite driver" (favorite driver?? Any of you fawkers groupies?) thread. :rolleyes:

You guys have my vote Cutch. Drop me a line if you make it, we'll host your stay at the Bassett Ranch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scooter said:
Hey Cutch can you vote online?
Looks like you can't be a cheap bastard on this one....seems they want you to buy the issue with the ballet inside.

Originally posted by cbassett
Yeah, I guess this thread has alot less value than the "favorite driver" (favorite driver?? Any of you fawkers groupies?) thread.

You guys have my vote Cutch. Drop me a line if you make it, we'll host your stay at the Bassett Ranch.
Thanks for the offer and you can bet if and when I make it down that way I'll look you up for sure. I was talking to Tom the other day and I hear you guys are headed up to the Con on Jul 11th...love to join you...next year (04) the Misses and I are planning on doing the Rubicon

Originally posted by Doug K
I don't remember this happening last year... is this a regular thing? An influx of jackasses right before the TTC vote? It's more annoying than the "Official TDS" threads.
An influx of jackasses right before the TTC vote? Like RO said I'm Member 183...been here for a long time and even before this Board switched to this format and we had to re register...so don't call me a jackass.

Originally posted by SeaBass44
SeaBass44 quote:
yup, spaming more and more, hell ad your name to the threade of por bb members that made it, don't fuckin beg I'll vote for well built rigs, not beggers.
Not begging, just asking for support from fellow POR BB Members. If you are going vote might as well support one of your own....besides check out the specs on this Jeep...it is a well built Jeep...by a fellow Jeeper who did his homework and this is his first attempt at building up a Jeep...he didn't drop it off at a 4x4 shop and throw some cash at them for the design and work.

If you are not voting...don't sweat it.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Cutch said:

Looks like you can't be a cheap bastard on this one....seems they want you to buy the issue with the ballet inside.

no it's so you can't cheat and vote over and over

An influx of jackasses right before the TTC vote? Like RO said I'm Member 183...been here for a long time and even before this Board switched to this format and we had to re register...so don't call me a jackass.

Not begging, just asking for support from fellow POR BB Members. If you are going vote might as well support one of your own....besides check out the specs on this Jeep...it is a well built Jeep...by a fellow Jeeper who did his homework and this is his first attempt at building up a Jeep...he didn't drop it off at a 4x4 shop and throw some cash at them for the design and work.

I may be a bit harsh;) and I am voting, but am in no way "sweating it" :D
If you are not voting...don't sweat it.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
daniel y is he selling it that is awsome:confused:

when i'm rich i will have you make me a 6x6 samurai :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
one of my own? come awn, why would i vote for someone just cause they frequent the same bulletin board i do? its a very well built jeep, let the jeep and driver do the talkin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts