·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This years fees are as follows.....

Series fee, 200
Event fees, 200...

Thats 800 bucks for the whole circuit, but they give you 50 $ back for doing the whole thing...

THATS ALOT OF DOUGH!

Sure, its 100% payout, but most of us are not in it for the payout, just to beat on our rigs....sure chump change for the full sponsored rigs...but us with just a couple of sponsors are stuck with the bill....bastards.:flipoff:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like my grand dad always said... "It ain't cheap bein' cool"... suck it up...

From what I hear they could charge more than that and it would still be worth it. By reputation it is one of the finer, more organized events in the country.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Cheaper than any other major series. What's wrong with that :confused:

·
Registered
897 Posts
AlumCJ said:

This years fees are as follows........but us with just a couple of sponsors are stuck with the bill....bastards.:flipoff:
I would like to pick up even 1 sponsor to foot some of the $$!! Ipay for everything out of pocket!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Is the cost high? Perhaps, but if you charged $50 per rig each event would have 1000 entrants and take 6 weeks to drag/push/pull all the junk thru the course. IMO, keeping the entry a tad higher keeps the serious competitors involved, even those without sponsorships, and those less-serious competitors on the sidelines, drooling and dreaming. If I lived closer to a practice site (WI mud ain't gonna cut it) I'd get myself involved in a heartbeat....

The 100% payback rocks tho.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Re: Re: EROCC Price Hike...

RKCRAWLER said:
I would like to pick up even 1 sponsor to foot some of the $$!! Ipay for everything out of pocket!
so do most all of us... in the last 5 month's i've scraped together 12grand to build a buggy for this year, plus the exta 1600 or so in event fee's just to run, all out of pocket, plus travel,

dude, if ya don't like it don't run, period! you're not required to!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: Re: Re: EROCC Price Hike...

DSI said:

so do most all of us... in the last 5 month's i've scraped together 12grand to build a buggy for this year, plus the exta 1600 or so in event fee's just to run, all out of pocket, plus travel,

dude, if ya don't like it don't run, period! you're not required to!
But I do like it so I will continue to spend MY money. But-- I was just bitchen a little because I would rather spend a sponsors money!!

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
If you can afford to build a competitave rig for these events, then you can afford to pay the fees.

Cut the entry fees in half and the payout starts to SUCK.... think about it ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
AlumCJ said:

This years fees are as follows.....

Series fee, 200
Event fees, 200...

Thats 800 bucks for the whole circuit, but they give you 50 $ back for doing the whole thing...

THATS ALOT OF DOUGH!

Sure, its 100% payout, but most of us are not in it for the payout, just to beat on our rigs....sure chump change for the full sponsored rigs...but us with just a couple of sponsors are stuck with the bill....bastards.:flipoff:
If your gonna be a :crybaby: , at least learn how to add ...:D

200x4= 800 events plus series 200 = 1000 :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok whiz kid...4 events = 800 bucks! I obviously wans't counting the series fee.

By your math its 950 anyhow cuz of the 50 dollar rebate. :flipoff2:

And I retract my statement that this is expensive....looking at the bright side, it will keep most of the hillrods out. (God knows the east half has got alot of them/us!)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Re: Re: EROCC Price Hike...

RKCRAWLER said:
thats because you suck at it joy:flipoff2:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hell that is a whole lot cheaper (per person) than playing in big paintball tournaments. I did that for a while......a bad drug habit would have been cheaper.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
bigdude said:
Cheaper than any other major series. What's wrong with that :confused:
Well I don't now if we're considered a MAJOR series;)

But that's exactly what we charge at CalROCS.

Rich

·
Registered
441 Posts
Big Rich said:

Rich
Well I think this is kind of funny:rolleyes: . Well I don't know about hiking up the cost, it's hard enough for beginners to get the start $$$ anyway. I think the sponsored rigs should be MADE to compete in the PRO/mod class and have a cheaper rate for the weekend warrior guys in the legends classes, because in the end it will weed everyone that's not sponsored out and that is not what the future of rock crawling comp.'s should come too. Nascar was much more enjoyable to watch 30 years ago then it is today, also funny how it's gotten more popular:rolleyes: But most of you guys are right, you got to have the money in the first place to compete, most of the top guys come from 4x4 shops has owners/employee.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Well in the desert racing series we just took over, the competitors pay more to compete, race 7 events in just our season alone, get at best 60 % payback and do it for the love of competition, and to hang with their desert dawg friends. Then again the VORRA series has been around for 27 seasons already, and is well established in NorCal and Nevada.

Money to race and travel is about the same, prized money is less, vehicles may cost as much to build, but probably less to maintain and fix.

I guess it just depends on what you want to do.

We believe and have had many discussions & polls on this board about fees, those that actually compete would rather see the entry fees a little higher than rock bottom. Low prices don't bring in more competitors, because those that use it as an excuse, will find another reason not to tear up their stuff anyway.

We all hope that someday the big outside the industry sponsors will step in with some bucks to make the big boys really go for it.

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Big Rich said:

Rich
As cheap as any other major series. What's wrong with that???

(better :D )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts