Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my Evap Canister would be leaking gas out the bottom of it. I did install new gas lines
about a month ago. It only does it when sitting there idling for about 15 min. Should i swap out the lines or is ther something wrong with the Evap Canister ?

( i.e Evap Canister is the thing on the firwall on the passenger side that looks like a small coffee can. )

Thx
Dave

·
Registered
25,112 Posts
Mine was doing that too, the system was clogged and pressurizing. Put a new fuel filter in, and purged the canister (can't remember the exact procedure, it's in the FSM, but you yank it, and blow compressed air through various holes). You might have dislodged something in the lines when you swapped fuel lines.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I know this is older than dirt, but did you ever figure out what the problem was? My buddy has the exact same problem.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The return and vent lines are most likely crossed up. I have seen this several times.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Bringing this back because I'm having the same problem and need to find out which line is the vent line and which is the return. Theres one on top of the other in my 84. One goes to the canister the other goes somewhere under the carb.

Edit; Never mind I got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts