Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my 1st tour in Iraq i decided it was time to buy a jeep. As soon as i got back home i picked up a brand new 03 Rubicon. Wheeled it stock for about a year then deployed again, after this deployment has some extra funds and put on a RE long arm with 35's. wheeled this for a while then got deployed again. Got back, paid the jeep off added a few things to the Jeep like axle shafts, gears, OBA and 37's.

This setup worked great for many years but i decided i wanted more out of it. This is where the pics will start.

I decided it was time to stretch it.

On 37's and RE 4.5" long arm.

Starting the tear down for the stretch and what ends up with rear 60, front 44 and 39.5 iroks

Built some highline front fenders

Comp cut rear

frame backhalf

fuel cell

end result

ended up at 104 WB

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wheeled it that way for the past year and didnt like how it came out with the lift, size and the crappy RE center skid.

changed the stock 5 speed for an AW4 as my knees would be killing me by the end of a trail (thanks Army)

started saving again and bought a front 60 built it and added full hydro

built boatsides.

painted it back to factory and get rid of so much rattle can

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plan was to leave it like that for a while and add the front 60 before wheeling season this year. But as always plans change, neighbor needed a motor for his truck so i got a friend to pick up a chevy 6.0. neighbor couldnt come up with the money for it after my friend already got it for him so I ended up buying it from my friend so he wouldnt be stuck with it.

sold my stock motor and trans so the new build got kicked into high gear.

took all the stock stuff off and plan to do custom cage (my first cage build), custom dash, 6.0, 700r4, dual triagulated suspension front and rear, 110-112 wb, full hydro, etc.

got started on the cage

Thats how it sits now. hoping to start the 6.0 install this weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking good. Any idea on the transfer case choice? Also trying to wrap my head around the double-triangulated front 4-link.

Will be watching...

·
Registered
306 Posts
dude your garage is awesome....good luck with the project, ill be watching.

question...did you consider just triangulating the uppers on the 4 links? what can you tell me about your decision process in regards to that. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really bad ass evolution! What are you planning to do fuel delivery and harness wise?
using an RCI tank, i forget what pump but i put it on my dads 6.0 and keeps it running great. for the harness ill be cutting down the stock one and for the inside wiring i picked up a complete harness for a hotrod (got a hell of a deal on it)

Looking good. Any idea on the transfer case choice? Also trying to wrap my head around the double-triangulated front 4-link.

Will be watching...
tcase is a bastard 241c/d, hoping to start the links so i can see what will fit.

dude your garage is awesome....good luck with the project, ill be watching.

question...did you consider just triangulating the uppers on the 4 links? what can you tell me about your decision process in regards to that. thanks in advance.
yea im still going back and forth on which way ill set them up. hope to get it figured out this weekend

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ORI's finally came in. Hoping to get the motor, trans and tcase back in so i can start the link mounting.

im shooting for around 110" WB. this is just about at full bump.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got a chance to snap a few pics.

got the rear suspension all done, just forgot to get lower control arm bolts and need to clearance the tub a bit for the upper arms to clear.

trans mount

started on the front end. got the front frame/winch mount mocked up.

its almost at full bump with around 4in clearance with the front frame. that was a pain in the butt to do and have some uptravel and stay low.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally took some more pics

Got all the suspension done just need to make a few gussets and a cross bar for the hoops

Tonight I got the new dash all build just need to grind some welds and mount all the gauges and such

Spent the last 2 evening working the harness for the 6.0. Went ahead and changedit from dbw to dbc and added wires so the computer can control the two fans

On to the pics

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Is that the truck oil pan? If so do you plan on keeping it or building some sort of a skid for it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yea its the stock truck pan, been keeping an eye out for an f-body pan but no luck so far.

if it stays ill be covering it

·
Registered
481 Posts
what mounts did you buy for the axle end of the ORI's? and do have any pics of the front upper mounts for the ORI's? i'm about to start my build and i was under the impression normal shock mounts or coilover mounts would not fit the Ori ends...... i love the build!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
looks like a "got trikes" bender

1 - 20 of 56 Posts