Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never thought I`d be doing this, but:

XRRA ex-competition rock crawler, competed during the 2004/2005 season. Originally built in Colorado, was bought by a friend of a friend and brought down to Az. I bought it from him and upgraded everything that I had an issue with. Ran A LOT of trails with it, it does great. Here`s the list:

-1990 chevy 4.3L motor with about 70K miles on it. Hypertech programmer.
-turbo 350 transmission w/ manual valve body and cooler.
-dana 300 t-case. This blew up on my year year at the Chile Challenge (NM). I replaced the tera-lo gear set with a tera-lo gearset-MUCH STRONGER. I also upgrade the output shafts to 32 spline. Front dig, oh yea!
-front and rear dana 60`s w/ ARB`s & 4.56`s. Front is a chevy/dodge and I added the Reid racing 5th stud knuckles and Ballastic Fabs hi-steer arms. Very strong set-up for steering. Rear 60 is a sterling and has disc
brakes.
-PSC steering ram. The original ram failed, so I upgraded it to a PSC system-kept the orbital because it worked fine. New high dollar hyd. hoses, and added a fluid cooler. The cooler fan is mounted in front of the radiator and rarely needs to be turned on, and it is running backwards to add cooling to the radiator (push-pull setup). Works great.
-42” Iroks (non-stickies) on allied monster beadlocks. Tires at 70% tread.
-Warn M8000 winch w/ brand new syn cable.
-suspension is 3 link in the front, and a one link in the rear.
-air bumps
-Electrical rewired because it was an electrical nightmare, added new gauges.

Still have the window nets, very easy to make this ready for XRRA. I have a lot of money tied up in it, but don`t need to sell it. Just not as interested in crawling anymore. I have a thousand dollars in Ballastic Fab brackets & heim joints and a 14 bolt (4.10, already has the bottom shaved off, Ballastic truss & rear disc brackets). Also have a spare 42” on an H2 wheel. Also have a 16” Big Tex trailer for sale as well.

$13k for everything-crawler, trailer, and all associated parts.
$12.5k crawler & trailer
$11.5k crawler

Located in Gilbert Az. Link for pics:
http://s580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/padesertboy/

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually don`t have internet at my house at the moment, switching services. I`ll get dims. and pictures to you all tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Photo

Here is one pic from our local club website (private).

I never got to wheel with this rig, but from what I hear it works pretty good.:flipoff2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts