Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
does look nice only thing id add is maybe a spreader in the rear section.. it he flops on the assit looks like it may fold in pretty easy.. just my 2 cents..

does look good.. lets hear the rest of the specs..

payton

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
nice work, but I agree the rear fenders look loke they may not hold up as well as the rest of the truck.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I like the front, looks beastly. I have been thinking about intagrating a halo into the edge of the roof to keep it from colapsing. Then glass breakage is the bigest problem, speedglass is the anwser :D.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Fenders

Are the tube fenders tied to the body or just to the tailing edge of the bumpers and the rockers...

If they are not tied to the body I would recommend adding struts between the hood hoop and the fenders - same in the rear (plus tie it to the uni-frame to make it bomb proof!)....

Lest you suffer this fate:

This was a stump that hooked the front edge of the fender on Dan Starc's rig

Mine are like this and I have had the whole weight of the rig - (2 tires in the air) on these fenders and just picked up some gouges in the steel - no dents:

Also in the back of your cage I would triangulate across the opening or at least add a tailgate type strut... Unfortunately that location is the weakest area on mine too - if you make that area strong you have pretty much lost any functional value for storage or access :( - Damn fiberglass structural hatch... :rolleyes:

If the cage is not tied to the body it WILL shift during a roll... :flipoff2:

Matt

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does look nice only thing id add is maybe a spreader in the rear section.. it he flops on the assit looks like it may fold in pretty easy.. just my 2 cents..
We talked about adding such a bar. The owner was still undecided when he picked up the rig, but I think he will add one.

The tubing is 1 3/4".120 electric weld. Look's like the tubing that bent on that tan-grey? cherokee is thinner wall.

Specs... 4.3 Chevy, 700R4, NP231, Dana 60s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts