Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I do with this? Previous owner does nice work eh? :rolleyes:
I think those fenderwell headers have to go and I'll just have to get something new.
Does anybody have pics of a real exhaust hooked up to these headers??? I don't see how you could do anything much better around the body mount.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
OMG ! :eek: :eek:

Good thing you clarified that Previous owner, that exhaust system would be down right embarrassing !

Food for thought, my system is very neat and compact and nothing hangs below the frame rails.
It starts with rams horns and crosses over in front of the oil pan then runs as a single line to the muffler and exits just in front of the rear shackle. I had the whole thing done for about $150 at a local muffler shop.

BTW, I think there's a couple good deals on rams horns on Ebay right now.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yup....
that is the pillow biting gayest (is gayest a word?) exhaust on any cruiser anywhere I'm sure.:rainbow: :clown:

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
go to ram horns or slick fit headers, those outside the rail headers are crap.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts

Hugger headers, custom crossover (tho I think I've got a # for a stock crossover in "cruiser facts" on my site) with a single out the back. Would do a center-in, offset-out next time tho, otherwise I love it.

I'll try and post it again for a clearer shot sometime this summer.... :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are those the Summit block huggers Woody?
Have you got a pic from the top that shows how they clear?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Yeppers, summit block huggers....dno't have any pics of it up close tho, just pathetic trail shots like that one...lol

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
I've got a set of block huggers, and you can see here how the exhaust routs out back. I have a set of Chev exh manifolds you can have, may not be headers but they will go a long way towards fixing that abortion:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
woody said:
Yeppers, summit block huggers....dno't have any pics of it up close tho, just pathetic trail shots like that one...lol
this is in the cruiser facts..
Exhaust
SBC exhaust crossover - order from '66 1/2 ton Chevy w/283
is that gonna work with those summit block huggers?? (I got em too)

either that or im gonna do true-duals with glasspacks :p

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
The part number thru napa is

42087 that is a Walker exhaust part. I paid $41 and change for mine. Not sure if it will work with the block hugger headers or not. ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts