Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Squared off to this point:

It came out approxiamately 110lbs. lighter with removal of the outer fenders, bumper,and tailgate. It lost 4 or 5 inches in width, 5 or 6 inches in length and gained strength. I could subtract for the soft top too. It weighs 5,300 loaded for the trail sans food, camp gear, and people. Not bad at all for an FSB.
It would be much cleaner if it was all Exo from the start, no inner cage, but it's evolved into this over time. If starting from scratch It would be exo only but the sheet metal would come off to save weight as I did. It could have roll bars all the way over from side to side full on exo style. It would be nice to make it a bruggy too, but I got to have the cargo space to get the family out camping, wheeling,and dig the soft top. It's always a compromise. The cab slider/tube around the door will come next as it requires no body mods.

The plan is to narrow the front and exo it along with the cab similar to this but with exo protecto:

OK flamers, bashers, critical Pirate bastards what do ya think?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
looking good

I don't really like exo 's but yours is looking pretty good :cool2:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I could see chopping the skins from a chevy, but why a Ford :confused:
Is 100 lbs gonna make a diffrence ?

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Looks like a good start but you have to fill in the rear, looks like something isn't finished.
Your wood tailgate is too much.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
hahaha

:laughing: I didn't even notice the wood tailgate :laughing:
I knew a guy that ran a 2x4 body lift ROFLMAO

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's not the 100lbs as much as the strength added and ability to take a beating. The loss in width and length will make a difference on these tight rocky trails. The wood gate will get wrapped in sheet metal.

Why buy a bender when I go access to one now through the local club? :smokin:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
the wood tailgate ain't nearly as bad as my wooden exo cage. :flipoff2: (joking, obviously)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts