Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to design an exo cage for my scrambler. I want to tie my seats into this cage if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about doing this. Is it even possible.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Anythings possible... but why - I have an exo on my cherokee because it has lots of glass and a metal roof that would come in on my head if I had no cage.... If I was starting again from scratch I would just chop the top...

Why not build a good internal cage with some tube fenders and a radiator hoop (tie it all into the frame and internal cage)

If you rub on the back end alot just run a hoop around the top edge of the tube kinda like rocker pro...

Your going to bob it anyhow right! :flipoff2:

Matt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you thinnk that this will provide enough body protection also anyone in the North Carolina good at making cages. On an off topic i need a jeep box that will fit in my scrambler

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i really like kristy's it is awesome especially the scout cage. If i build an internal i need to have a way to put on my half hard top unless someone can think of someway to make a cage that can protect me from the elements. I really need someone in nc who likes to work cheap

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btt

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Try Carolina Rock Shop, I have heard great things from them.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
I'm planning on putting an internal cage in the XJ for MY protection, and do basically what ROKN ZJ is saying --> tie the front and rear bumpers into fender protection, and tie those into some nice rocker guards.
I have been thinking full exo, but that's a lot of tubing, and a lot of weight...

·
Registered
320 Posts
scramblerch said:
Yeah i really like kristy's it is awesome especially the scout cage. If i build an internal i need to have a way to put on my half hard top unless someone can think of someway to make a cage that can protect me from the elements. I really need someone in nc who likes to work cheap
Essentially Off-Road sells in in-cab cage kit that allows you to use your half cab:

I have a similar cage in mine that was built to work with a YJ dash:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I like that XJ... You hardly notice the tubes... the "low-profile" (lower weight, too) design is pretty cool.

Here's a paint I did in another thread... also, check out Redrum's TJ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts