Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
POst up the pics of your exo wiht functional windshield wipers... I searched and looked at pics for the last few days.

mine was a tight fit at first but the slightest flex in the cage and they bind up so I'm just lookin for some other ideas.

I'm not looking for some big ass hoop 10" away from the cowl :flipoff2:

Thanks

edit* heres how I did mine and it doesnt quite work :flipoff2:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had wipers untill I rolled the truck and the cross bar hit the passenger side wiper arrm right at the pivot and broke the arm... When it was working there was about 1/4'' between the tube and arm...I guess that was too close...:laughing:

Also as its set up now i cant lift the hood all the way up... but i have a clear line of sight down the hood to the front of the front of the truck, which was my priority.
I have heard of people using a smaller Dia tube for the cross bar or denting/notching the tube near the passenger wiper arm pivot.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
nice truck, did you look in the exo thread in the FAQ? I personally like 4RnrRicks with the small arc over the wiper. Another option would be to cut out part of the bottom of the tubing and plate it.

Were in CO are you?? Always looking for CO peeps to wheel with.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had wipers untill I rolled the truck and the cross bar hit the passenger side wiper arrm right at the pivot and broke the arm... When it was working there was about 1/4'' between the tube and arm...I guess that was too close...:laughing
Thats exactly what happened to me last weekend except it took both arms :mad3: I drove home in a bad rain storm with no wipers today and it f'in sucked.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice truck, did you look in the exo thread in the FAQ? I personally like 4RnrRicks with the small arc over the wiper. Another option would be to cut out part of the bottom of the tubing and plate it.

Were in CO are you?? Always looking for CO peeps to wheel with.
I'm in Parker now (Parker and Arapahoe area) I'm moving in a few weeks to 470 and Bowles area. Are you on the CO4x4 board?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had wipers untill I rolled the truck and the cross bar hit the passenger side wiper arrm right at the pivot and broke the arm... When it was working there was about 1/4'' between the tube and arm...I guess that was too close...:laughing:

Also as its set up now i cant lift the hood all the way up... but i have a clear line of sight down the hood to the front of the front of the truck, which was my priority.
I have heard of people using a smaller Dia tube for the cross bar or denting/notching the tube near the passenger wiper arm pivot.
Do you have any more pics of this rig?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Heres mine. Wipers work but I have no windshield since I rolled it over. Anyone want to start a fund to buy me a new one? :D:smokin:

For the windshield bar I have found out that the three bends that make a peak in the middle works the best. The way people do it with only 2 bends doesn't flow as well to me and I dont think it makes as much room.

·
Canadian crawler
124 Posts
I don't like the vision with outside tube , I put the tube inside the cab !! And is a good handle for the passenger !!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
El Fab's rig is one of the badest around, fuck that rig gives me wood everytime I see it :smokin:

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Mine is done just like Oakies. I got enough room that I can change the arms if needed and remove the cowl panel if needed. I still need to swap glass in my new cab so I made sure everything was open enough yet still as tight as possible.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I had to bend the metal of the wiper just a little to clear the tube in front of the windshield.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts