Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Explorer Winch Bumper. Second Generation.

Building this for a customer with production in mind.

I'll have finished pics in a week or two, but thought I'd start getting the word out.

1/4" mounts, 3/16" construction.

Clevis mounts will be included.

Hardware and nut plates included.

Buyer will need to drill some holes and cut the stock bumper mounts off (simple).

***The bumper mounts have two sets of holes to fit either stock or a 2" body lift.****

Pictured X has 2" body lift.

Price: $450 shipped in the lower 48 states.

I can add options or do custom work on these. Ask questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finished. Customer is going to give it a few more coats and/or line-x it.

It comes raw:

Mounting pic. Comes with nutplates to insert into frame. 4 1/2" bolts per side included (Grade 8). Top set of holes are for no body lift:

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
sweet bumper, you thinking about making something like this for a gen 1 in the future?

post 69 hahaha

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet bumper, you thinking about making something like this for a gen 1 in the future?

post 69 hahaha
Thanks!

I don't have access to a 1st gen right now but can make a similar one to your specs...or maybe hit the Junkyard for some measurements.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like it. I have been looking for a good winch bumper for mine, and the price is good too. Would it be possible to have the option of putting the shackle mounts facing straight ahead, located on the front portion?

How much does it weigh?

Once again, great design.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it. I have been looking for a good winch bumper for mine, and the price is good too. Would it be possible to have the option of putting the shackle mounts facing straight ahead, located on the front portion?

How much does it weigh?

Once again, great design.
Thanks.

I can put the shackle mounts on the front, no problem.

It weighs in the neighborhood of 65lbs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are the clevis mounts welded to the surface, or is there a slot for them and then welded to the front and back? I have seen that done, supposed to be a good deal stronger.

I will almost certainly be contacting you in the not so distant future for one of these.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are the clevis mounts welded to the surface, or is there a slot for them and then welded to the front and back? I have seen that done, supposed to be a good deal stronger.

I will almost certainly be contacting you in the not so distant future for one of these.
The way I do it is plug weld the clevis mounts from the back with the mig (Three per mount) then tig weld the perimeter. They're not going anywhere.

Send a PM or email when you're ready to buy. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yep, that sounds solid. I wasnt questioning your abilities or anything. :D

I will let you know. Thanks for answering my questions!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm getting ready to do a 93-97 Ranger winch bumper...probably will fit later years as well.

I'll have pics soon.

Post or PM if there is any interest in Ranger bumpers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great design! I don't plan on running a winch on my X though, as its not my hardcore off road toy (that's the 79 Bronco) I was wondering if it would be possible to keep the same design, just make the bumper less deep (so it only protrudes a few inches) and lose the fairlead mount?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great design! I don't plan on running a winch on my X though, as its not my hardcore off road toy (that's the 79 Bronco) I was wondering if it would be possible to keep the same design, just make the bumper less deep (so it only protrudes a few inches) and lose the fairlead mount?
I can do it.

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Depends on how many orders/ other jobs I have scheduled.

Usually I'll have a bumper ready to ship in about a week.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a 93-97 Ranger Winch Bumper

Can you build a 93-97 Ranger Front Winch Bumper? I cannot find one anywhere to my liking. PLEASE get back to me soon with any info. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts