Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doind a lift in the front of my early bronco that will be higher than 5.5 coils and i was wondering if i should extend or wrist the arms. or maybe even both. and also, have any of you guys done this homemade and not store bought. By that I am implying the extended asrms

Thanks a lot
Lou:D

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I've seen both wristed and extended arms work very well on the trail. One benifit of a wristed arm is that, when pinned on the street, you retain the handling charactoristics of the stock arm. Extended arms, IMO, tend to feel a little soft due to the increased leverage caused by the longer arm. Myself, I have a wristed arm, 5.5" WH coils, 9012's and am very pleased with the articulation derived from this combination.

For extended arms, check with Mike Ladd at www.bentandtwisted.com. He makes a nice set of arms and has some pretty strong feelings as to why they're better than wristed. It's good to get as many informed opinions as you can then make an informed decision.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think that wristing is the only way to go due to ease and cost. You have the best of both worlds with the slight work of removing a pin. I would also check into the donut bushings that www.bcbroncos.com sells that have a downward angle built into them so you don't start off with a bind.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
EBSTEVE said:
I would also check into the donut bushings that www.bcbroncos.com sells that have a downward angle built into them so you don't start off with a bind.
I installed a set of those and they make a big difference. Much better droop than my stock rubber bushings ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wristed Arm

I ran the extended arms at first but they didn't help very much. I made a wristed extended arm for the right side and am very happy with the flex it provides. If I was to do it again I would just build a wristed arm out of a stock arm. My $.02

·
Registered
166 Posts
How do the wristed arms compare to the extended arms with Heims on the end?

I have the $550 set of extended, heimed joint radius arms on my bronco 2, and they seem to work very well, but as we all know there is always room for more....

Has anyone here tried the duff arms? And maybe someone to compare them to the wristed arms?

Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts