Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's the SICKEST willy I've seen. Can't wait to see more progress pics. I'm about ready to sell my heap and start a new project. :flipoff2:
Few things have changed since I posted those pics, now building a 327 with Accel Pro Ram DFI, went with a Low Max 205 instead of an Atlas and picking up a set of 49 Iroks Thursday. Should be kewl....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Few things have changed since I posted those pics, now building a 327 with Accel Pro Ram DFI, went with a Low Max 205 instead of an Atlas and picking up a set of 49 Iroks Thursday. Should be kewl....
49's?? daaaaamn. got any newer pics?? thats gonna be a huuuuge bitch :eek:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Why the LoMax vs. Atlas? Think the one tons are gonna hold up to the 49s?

·
Registered
209 Posts
49's?? daaaaamn. got any newer pics?? thats gonna be a huuuuge bitch :eek:
Not yet, been workin on an unlimited for a buddy. Gonna pick up the tires first thing in the morning....Got a pile of shit from BTF in the corner so hopefully will make some progress in the next couple weeks....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why the LoMax vs. Atlas? Think the one tons are gonna hold up to the 49s?
Well for 1 the LowMax is more in my budget, 2 have you seen the comparison between the gears in the Max vs the Altas? LowMax makes Atlas internals look like lil bitch's. Take a look at JB Conversions.com, and no the stock tons will prolly implode once I get drunk and stand on it and when they do then I will upgrade to better axles ....... Its fun breakin shit!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
heres mine just getting close to being done.
ford 351 to c6, to bw1356, to np205, dana 60 front with longfields cv's, ford 10.25 rear. 16500 warn front 8000 warn rear.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Well for 1 the LowMax is more in my budget, 2 have you seen the comparison between the gears in the Max vs the Altas? LowMax makes Atlas internals look like lil bitch's. Take a look at JB Conversions.com, and no the stock tons will prolly implode once I get drunk and stand on it and when they do then I will upgrade to better axles ....... Its fun breakin shit!
My buddy just put a LoMax in his buggy. I agree with you. Haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
haha wow. still gonna keep it low?? also, im diggin the dovetail job:smokin:
Gonna keep it as low as I can. Dovetail worked out well but been workin on other shit so gonna take a month of body work to get the rust knocked off again but it be ok, Im ready to get it back in and get going.......

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bump ttt

More Willys, come on where are they?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Here's my 62.

2004 LQ4 6.0 engine (Drive by Wire)
Howell custom engine harness and H.O. computer (400HP / 480TQ)
Dual HushPower Flow Master mufflers
4L60E 4 speed automatic / high performance
241 w/JB Conversions SYE
Cruise control
Tilt column
Hydroboost 4 wheel disc brakes
Black power leather seats & center console
Delay wipers
Air conditioning
Custom dash
AutoMeter Gauges
Power windows
Custom built 1 piece rear lift gate
Yellow top Optima battery
HP Dana 60 front with Detroit and 4.56 gears, 35 spline Superior Evolution inner and outer front axles with Yukon Super Joints, 35 spline Warn locking hubs, Ballistic Fab high steer arms, 1 1/2" .250 wall tie rod and drag link with rod ends
Custom American Vintage 4x4 Dana 60, Detroit and 4.56 gears, 35 spline dual spline 300M axles, Dana 60 front spindles/hubs, Warn 35 splin3 locking hubs
41x14.50x17 IROK Radials on Mickey Thompson 17x9 Alloy wheels
BDS Wrangler front and XJ rear springs
Tom Woods driveshafts
On board air
Ready Welder II
12 volt cooler
8274-50 Warn winch
iPod Stereo
Boss marine speakers
Hella headlights
LED tail lights
Glued in dark black tinted glass all the way around. No rubber on windows cuz it sucks
Completely rust free body / dipped in acid and phosphorous and sprayed with DP90 epoxy primer
Interior and underneath sprayed with Vortex bed liner

Photos of first trial run on 35's:

New pile-o-parts ready to go in...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Think that front axle will hold up to those 35s? :D

221 - 240 of 412 Posts