Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Yea, I know the 60 seems overkill. But I know myself too well. I am already planning 40's. It just doesn't have the tough stance I want. And I need them on before I can get a visual for the bumpers. It's gonna be bitchin' with bigger meats I think.

COOL.
put some XMLs on it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
^^^x2. When I was stationed at Alameda Naval Base years ago there was a orange 50 something GMC 4x4 on 40's that I though was pretty. But this is the sweetest. My wife would love a willy's wagon!!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
here's mine, it doesn't really fit anywhere bit the grille is from an old USMC M151 that I found rotting away on base, it's welded to a CJ hood bolted to a YJ cowl, that sits on half a YJ frame, the rest is tubing...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my Wagon build:

I've decided to use a Blazer frame and drivetrain and picked up an '87 K5 with a 350 motor, dana 60 frt and corp 14 bolt rear end. For the Wagon body I've been working on the rust/holes and finally got primer on it. I cut 95% of the roof off and made a custom ragtop. I've also made custom side windows that I can either roll up or take off (similar to a Jeep CJ7 button top and sides). I'm just installing the tailgate and then will make a custom window for that too.

Soon I need to lift the body onto the frame and figure out the body mounts. Also the motor rebuild will happen soon. Hopefully I can have the truck on the road inside of 6 months. For the seating I'll be using original seats but arrange them in 2-2-3 rows allowing me to fit my entire family.

I'm thinking of using militray Hummer 37x12.50s with beadlock rims since they're nice and cheap. Not sure if anyone has personal experience using them. The paint scheme will be baby blue with white inserts and a white ragtop.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry for the large pic. Mine is the white one on the right.

Specs:
383 Chevy stroker with EFI
NV4500
NP241C
Ford 9 inch rear
Saginaw power steering
Wagoneer Dana 44 front
Stock frame but fully boxed
Front springs are Wagoneer
Rear springs are stock Willys PU

·
Banned
164 Posts
Sorry for the large pic. Mine is the white one on the right.

Specs:
383 Chevy stroker with EFI
NV4500
NP241C
Ford 9 inch rear
Saginaw power steering
Wagoneer Dana 44 front
Stock frame but fully boxed
Front springs are Wagoneer
Rear springs are stock Willys PU

Man is your pick up nice... Good job on fighting the urge to spring over it! If you ever want to sell it or see a wagon similar in build to yours send me a message.

[email protected]

·
Banned
164 Posts

I've decided to use a Blazer frame and drivetrain and picked up an '87 K5 with a 350 motor, dana 60 frt and corp 14 bolt rear end. For the Wagon body I've been working on the rust/holes and finally got primer on it. I cut 95% of the roof off and made a custom ragtop. I've also made custom side windows that I can either roll up or take off (similar to a Jeep CJ7 button top and sides). I'm just installing the tailgate and then will make a custom window for that too.

Soon I need to lift the body onto the frame and figure out the body mounts. Also the motor rebuild will happen soon. Hopefully I can have the truck on the road inside of 6 months. For the seating I'll be using original seats but arrange them in 2-2-3 rows allowing me to fit my entire family.

I'm thinking of using militray Hummer 37x12.50s with beadlock rims since they're nice and cheap. Not sure if anyone has personal experience using them. The paint scheme will be baby blue with white inserts and a white ragtop.
Those blazers are the worst candidate for a Wagon or truck build. The front end on those is wider than the rearend to fit the few they big blocked...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Man is your pick up nice... Good job on fighting the urge to spring over it! If you ever want to sell it or see a wagon similar in build to yours send me a message.

[email protected]
Thanks. I actually had this truck spring over with 35s several years ago. Back then I was running an SM465 and NP205. I had it spring over for ~3 years before I got sick of it. It was far too impractical for my needs. When I installed the NV4500 and NP241C I also converted the suspension back to spring under. Below is a picture of what it looked like when I had it spring over.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Got any pictures of this???

·
Banned
164 Posts
Thanks. I actually had this truck spring over with 35s several years ago. Back then I was running an SM465 and NP205. I had it spring over for ~3 years before I got sick of it. It was far too impractical for my needs. When I installed the NV4500 and NP241C I also converted the suspension back to spring under. Below is a picture of what it looked like when I had it spring over.

That is a beauty spring over also! Hard to decide which I like better. Nice really nice.

241 - 260 of 412 Posts