Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Thanks guys 67 M715

Yes they are 2.5 gmcs. along with the Xcase. It has a 427 Tb Chevy an Allison 4 speed auto. We are adding Detroits and 14.00r 20 tires and USA6x6 wheels

·
Registered
964 Posts
forgot some

Also doing the full hydro steering front and rear, Full military paint soft top and cage. Looking for sponcers. Get your name on this truck!

·
Registered
5 Posts

:flipoff2:

Work in progress, but will be ALL parts from Jeeps. :rolleyes: I finished the front clip this weekend. 1950 Willy pickup on a 1973 wagoneer frame and drive train. Its an AMC 304, but I's gonna bore if over .060 and build it from there. Why? I paid $150 for the whole 1973 wagoneer.... :grinpimp:

·
Registered
5 Posts
misterarj said:
Ok I can't take it anymore, so post up... (inspired by Pdaddy's post)

All you fellows out there with Wagons, Trucks, or Willys other than CJ's post up you hard work. A pic and description. I want this thread to help others that are still working on the forgotten cousins of the Jeep.

I have a 1959 Willys Wagon mated to a 1976 Wagoneer chassis. Running Dana 44's front and rear, 401V8, TH 400, 4" of Lift, 35" Dunlop MT's, 12000 lb winch and more to come, but not yet finished.

There should be a guy in Yuba City with a bad ass truggy too.

Pic's coming shortly.

If we get good enough response I can create a mailing list for those that want to assist or talk shop without dogging the Pirate Board.

Later AJ
I'm interested. My buddie is actually building his on a Wagoneer Chasis, but doing the 1 ton running gear and a nice big block....

Next up will be a Wagoneer frame project for a Willy Wagon...

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
my step brother has a stock 63 willy's truck forsale here in WV..... he bought it as a project but is now working out of state nad has no time...hasnt even had time to see if the original motor runs..........hes asking $500 if anyone nearby is interested PM me and i can give his number..........i just wish i had the money to buy and build it for myself

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
mark.bales said:
this truck is bad ass anyone know what the WB is?? more pic's??

dont know the WB - poor pic

What I know he has:
351, man tranny(?), klune, atlas, 60/70frt, 70rear
airbag adjustable rear susp, white leather trans am seats :flipoff2:
and a broken axle shaft in the photo :flipoff2:
killer rig, great guy

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
More

I know I've seen way more over the years of these on PBB. COme awn and post already. I'll add my M715 if I see more pics posted.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
jeepcj said:
Yes they are 2.5 gmcs. along with the Xcase. It has a 427 Tb Chevy an Allison 4 speed auto. We are adding Detroits and 14.00r 20 tires and USA6x6 wheels
Any plans to ditch the front lift blocks? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would be interested in the mailing list....just picked up a 50s wagon....at least that is what the add said. From what I have found out so far, it has to be 60s. But who knows!

·
Registered
111 Posts
This pic was taken back in 1983.

It was a CJ-2A I built that had a 231 V-6, TH350 to a model 18, D44 rear (Power-Loc), D30 front (Gleason-Torsen), SOA using stock CJ-7 leafs, and 3 (yep three!) shocks per wheel (old-school soft-valve Rough Country B-Mk V). It was a blast to drive, considering it was 80" wheel base! Wow, we've come a long way since then.

Flatties forever!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
If anybody is interested in a Willys Wagon, I'm getting rid of one. It is complete but doesn't run. Shoot me an Email if your intersted. It is located in San Jose California.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a 53 wagon soon to be on scout dana 44's. has a 302, np435 and np205. not too rusty either. getting the parts together for a 51 pickup on a toy frame and rockwells. i'll do a thread when I start it. Have an all stock 60 wagon for sale with no rust.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hopefully this linkwill take you to mine
http://members.cox.net/ilean78/erick.htm
1950 Willys Pickup
302/4 spd toploader w/Hurst kit/D18->switching to D20/FFd60 rear/still deciding on the front. Pic is sitting on bald 35 mudders
Have original axles to get rid of.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
here is one of my room mates junk... its an 84... with a fresh 401/727 the d300 is in the yard in the pic... we had just finished putting the one tons in it.. with 38's on it.. its got just a rusty's 6" lift in this pick.. .but we did some mods to get it alittle higher... still not sure what all he is going to do to it.. im sure he'll post up on here... its still sitting in the driveway.. since we are both here in iraq.. .

most of that body damage was from either upper or lower 2.. when it was on 35's... it didnt care for those high side walls... or being layed over.. :laughing:

·
Registered
117 Posts
1954 CJ-3B.....pretty much all original. Serials all match on the body, engine and frame. Can't decide to turn in to a nice custom blend of old and new, or leave it as is.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
willys

Well I started this thead and still haven't finished my rig, but I am doing yet another body swap and putting on a '49 jeepster. Never seen one on the trail and figured the wagon body was too nice to crawl with, pics soon. aj

21 - 40 of 412 Posts