Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Devil Dog said:
here is one of my room mates junk... its an 84... with a fresh 401/727 the d300 is in the yard in the pic... we had just finished putting the one tons in it.. with 38's on it.. its got just a rusty's 6" lift in this pick.. .but we did some mods to get it alittle higher... still not sure what all he is going to do to it.. im sure he'll post up on here... its still sitting in the driveway.. since we are both here in iraq.. .

most of that body damage was from either upper or lower 2.. when it was on 35's... it didnt care for those high side walls... or being layed over.. :laughing:
Where about are you located in Iraq. I was there from March 03' to March 04'. Ended up north of baghdad. I have a friend in the marines, I don't know if he is still over there, but he was stationed near Fallujah.
I was stationed in LSA Anaconda, we performed Security for convoys through the Sunni Tri.. Boy, those were the days.
Have you experienced the heat yet. It got up to 151 in 03' fawkin hot in full battle rattle. That was back in the day when we still had to bake the brownies.

Oh Yeah, Thanks for doing your duty man! You are a good American!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
yep.. this is my second tour here.. .1st was feb 04 to sept 04... now im back again for 14 months.. Al Asad, Iraq... last time i spent some time down near fallujah... i can deal with the heat... its these damn third world fly's... ugh.. .you think with an entire country to fly around in... that they would stay out of your eyes and mouth...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah you would think but that is only moisture in whole gad damn country.
Have you seen the wasps . Their asses are as big around as my fawkin thumb. Yeah, I remember my first sand storm, nothing like sleeping under your hmmwv and getting a big ole dirt surprise. I remember trying for days to get the dirt out of my ears.
Yeah that was the longest year of my life, but I would do it all over again, it just does something to you in that regard.

·
Registered
559 Posts
1959 Willys Wagon

Here is my work in progress. 1959 Willys sedan delivery which has a parkway conversion. Sitting on a shortened 1975 Chevy suburban frame (cut 24" out of the middle and 12" off the rear). SB 350, th400, Sumner Machine np203/np205 doubler that is triple sticked. Dana 60 front lincoln locked with 5.13's, full hydraulic steering and 14 bolt rear with detroit and 5.13's. 42" tsl's, custom beadlocks, bumpers, and sliders. Also, m12000 warn winch.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Current Project

I have a 48 willys Jeepster, It is sitting on a 57 wagon frame, with a chevy d60 up front, and ford d60 out back.
I have a fairly healthy 327 from a 68 camaro to power it, It is backed up by a sm465 adapted by novak
to a dana 300 pattern. I haven't settled on a t -case yet. But I have been eyeing the stak three speed.
It has 4.88's in the diffs and the 37" Krawlers are ordered.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Dr.Frankenfender said:
I have a 48 willys Jeepster, It is sitting on a 57 wagon frame, with a chevy d60 up front, and ford d60 out back.
I have a fairly healthy 327 from a 68 camaro to power it, It is backed up by a sm465 adapted by novak
to a dana 300 pattern. I haven't settled on a t -case yet. But I have been eyeing the stak three speed.
It has 4.88's in the diffs and the 37" Krawlers are ordered.
Dr. Frankenfender,

Nice to see another local Willy's owner. Any pics of your progress. I'd like to see your rig someday since I'm just across the river from ya.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My pics are coming. Just gotta cough up the cash. 1953 willys wagon on a 88 wagoneer fame. 360, 727, 44s. Did a spring over in the front a shackle flip on the back to add 8 inches of lift. Going to try to get some 35's in there and might add a 4:1 dana 300. The frame is back together and painted with the engine and tranny in place. Finishing up the firewall and underside this week. Hopefully get the body back on the frame some time next week and start finalizing the body work. I still need a passenger door though. Mine is toast. Not going to be my crawler but a trail ride rig.

·
Registered
217 Posts

those are 32's... I will likely only go as large as 34x9.5's though, its not a crawler. When measureing it appears I can clear 36's, so I will likely lower it a hair.

If I get a bug in me I will 4 link it F/R with coil overs and play at the dunes

·
Registered
348 Posts
My mild looking Willys has a Wagoneer frame and running gear swap with a built 360 AMC V8, T18 4 spd. w/6.34 granny, D20 twin stick w/3.15's , 4.10 geared D44 heavy tube axles w/locker & LS. power steering, tilt, power disc brakes up front, air conditioning and comfy Wagoneer bucket seats. Ride is very smooth and handles corners great thanks to widder than stock axles, very little lean and not top heavy like lifted wagons.
many more photos and full info at; http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2451568

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a '51 wagon that I plan to build as a very mild daily driver. The furthest off-road it's ever likely to get is farm fields and the occasional unplowed driveway. (For serious off-roading, I try to stick to Caterpillar) I was going to use scout II axles and something like an iron duke, a 4-cyl Volvo, or even the original f-head 4. Obviously, I don't need the dana 44's for strength, just to get a practical ratio for road use, and they do have the same track as the wagon ,and even the right wheel-stud pattern.
Then I started to wonder if anyone had used the complete scout frame. I know I'll have to either lengthen a scout or shorten a traveller, but I'd kind of like to know what else doesn't quite fit before investing too much time in the project. If I go all scout, the original 196 will be plenty of engine.

41 - 60 of 412 Posts