Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
83 toy, 06 tundra, 49 willys pickup
150 Posts
49' willys

It's not extreme but here it is. Im not sure if I will cut it up though its about 95% stock with rust only in the floor boards.

- Flat head 4 banger ~ 60hp
- t-90 3-speed
-Spicer t-case
-D25 front -Timken rear

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This isn't very extreme... but it is the willys that I dream about every night... How to get it from SC to Colorado?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sweet rides.

If anyone here GOS? I have a complete nose (Hood, grill fenders) for a 50's era Willys P/U or wagon. $200+ shipping

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm building up a 59 Willys wagon to be extreme, but tame enough for daily driving. I currently have a Chevy 307(ps,pb,ac)and stock drivetrain. I have a 388 stroked chevy/built700R4/203-205 doubler/D605.13 ARB/14 bolt C&C 5.13 detroit rear/37" BFG MT ready to install. I want to check out using a TJ or unlimited frame and stretching it to fit the wagon. Anyone tried this or have any input?
TIA
excellent post really into Willys

·
Registered
720 Posts
i got a 49 willys cab with a 57 grill on whats of a early bronco frame w/ a injected 5.0 built/manual C4 auto and havent decided on what to do for a transfer case/cases setup yet. Is wildhorses cold duck setup any good? I'm running 35/16 boggers and full hydro steering. Its going to be trailer only. I would like to post a pic or to but dont have a red star. anyone want to help out? I need some ideas for a bed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I SO love these trucks.. man I wish I didn't sell my 53. it had bad cancer and moving in town where there wasn't room to hold it until ready for rebuild. I LOVE those rear tale gates with the Original W/O stamped into it.. they are hard to find now days..

I found a 46 pickup that's supposedly all original except he mated a Ford 289 to the T90. from Arizona so rust free and stored inside for the past 10 + years. (rust free here is imposible to find).. it's killing me that I know it's there and I don't have the $$ or space to pick it up..

I wanted to go AMC 360 or 401, NV4500, D300, HP44 front and either 44 rear or 60. SOA front and rear with YJ leafs front and XJ or commanchee leafs rear, prolly Dakota bucket seats with the center consol that folds up to a 3rd seat etc.. this is what my project was set out to be until I got rid of it. I'll get another.. some day.. I almost thought of selling my current YJ project that's almost done.. but I've had it for too long and just can't let go. lol..

·
Registered
83 toy, 06 tundra, 49 willys pickup
150 Posts
I SO love these trucks.. man I wish I didn't sell my 53. it had bad cancer and moving in town where there wasn't room to hold it until ready for rebuild. I LOVE those rear tale gates with the Original W/O stamped into it.. they are hard to find now days..

I found a 46 pickup that's supposedly all original except he mated a Ford 289 to the T90. from Arizona so rust free and stored inside for the past 10 + years. (rust free here is imposible to find).. it's killing me that I know it's there and I don't have the $$ or space to pick it up..

I wanted to go AMC 360 or 401, NV4500, D300, HP44 front and either 44 rear or 60. SOA front and rear with YJ leafs front and XJ or commanchee leafs rear, prolly Dakota bucket seats with the center consol that folds up to a 3rd seat etc.. this is what my project was set out to be until I got rid of it. I'll get another.. some day.. I almost thought of selling my current YJ project that's almost done.. but I've had it for too long and just can't let go. lol..
Is it a military jeep, Because 48' is what I thought was the first year for the pickups?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is it a military jeep, Because 48' is what I thought was the first year for the pickups?
1946 is the first year for the trucks but they are pretty rare. I have a 1947 and 1952.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Brutus,

I know of a similar one up here in Montana. Would be closer than SC to ship/trailer.

PM me fpr pics if you're interested.

·
Registered
135 Posts

I was told it was a 46. It was 2 hrs away and I wasn't able to go see it yet. so I'm going by what he said. I never realised that that was the first year they made them tho.

·
Registered
134 Posts
here's my trucks.
green one is 1947, orange one is 1952. Both all original. The 1952 will be my next build.

·
Registered
91 Posts
try photos again. I'd like to see this.:cool2:
A little bit about the project.
1954 Willys 4x4 Station Wagon
1992 Cummins 4BTA
The A" (aftercooler) is from an Isuzu NPR along with the radiator and frame
1980 J20 chassis shortened 25 inches to match the wagon and SOA'd
46RH (aka A518) automatic transmission from a 1993 Dodge Cummins 4x4
Altas transfer case

The engine fits as if Brooks Stevens planned it --- 50 years in advance. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Here is the pickup i'm gettin from my grandpa. Its a 51 willys four wheel drive. F head engine.

I plan on liftin it spring over axle. Putting a 14bolt/dana 44 axle combo in it and on 35" tires or bigger. Gotta change the whole drivetrain so as of right now im thinkin 350 v8 sounds good

anyway here it is

61 - 80 of 412 Posts