Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
49 Monster 1 ton

I would like to find a semi local military flattie to trade my Willys for... GP,GPW,MB.... I have a lot of time and money in this truck 454,400/205/ dana 60 front, FF 14 rear. 44" cepeks. Too many new parts to list. Would sell firm, 7000.oo. Truck runs and trail rides awesome. Custom build, needs some finishing. Absolute beast on the trail. Second child on the way, need a fourth seat :) 979-203-4531 Fred. Serious response only, no dreamers please.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would like to find a semi local military flattie to trade my Willys for... GP,GPW,MB.... I have a lot of time and money in this truck 454,400/205/ dana 60 front, FF 14 rear. 44" cepeks. Too many new parts to list. Would sell firm, 7000.oo. Truck runs and trail rides awesome. Custom build, needs some finishing. Absolute beast on the trail. Second child on the way, need a fourth seat :) 979-203-4531 Fred. Serious response only, no dreamers please.
I would buy this in a heartbeat if I wasn't so far away.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can't believe I never stumbled across this thread before. Some nice old vehicles are in this thread. I guess I will contribute mine.. Here is a picture of my 1962 Willys pick -up from 1999 back before hydro steering and beadlocks were common place..400HP tune TPI injected 350 with onboard air, SM465/NP205, dana 70 rear (locked), dana 60 front (locked) with 35 spline stubshafts and drive flanges, 44 inch TSLs up front and 44 inch boggers out back. I have had it since 1994...Don't drive it much anymore as I built a trail only vehicle and kinda retired my Willys from trail riding about 5 years ago..It had hard life and needed a vacation. Some of you might recognize it from an episode of Trucks and/or a feature in Peterson's 4 wheel and offroad from back in 2000. Keep up the thread.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can't believe I never stumbled across this thread before. Some nice old vehicles are in this thread. I guess I will contribute mine.. Here is a picture of my 1962 Willys pick -up from 1999 back before hydro steering and beadlocks were common place..400HP tune TPI injected 350 with onboard air, SM465/NP205, dana 70 rear (locked), dana 60 front (locked) with 35 spline stubshafts and drive flanges, 44 inch TSLs up front and 44 inch boggers out back. I have had it since 1994...Don't drive it much anymore as I built a trail only vehicle and kinda retired my Willys from trail riding about 6 years ago..It had hard life and needed a vacation. Some of you might recognize it from an episode of Trucks and/or a feature in Peterson's 4 wheel and offroad from back in 2000. Keep up the thread.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats a shame your Willys doesn't get to see the trails anymore. You should sell it to me and I'll get er back out wheeling.:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
cool jeepster

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here are a few pics of my dads rig. '48 willys pickup, on a 79 3/4 pickup frame and axles, dana 44/14bolt, 4:56 gears , air lockers f&r. sbc,th350,np203/205 triple stick. We are gonna 4 link it front and rear this winter with coils in the rear and coilovers in front. Kodi

All I can say is WOW! :shocked: I haven't been on here in a while and my old truck shows up! Looks great, I want to go for a ride!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I remember when I was in like 9th or 10th grade and I was sitting in Earth Science and I saw yur truck in the mag! I love that rig and was always looking for more info. on these trucks. That thing is just plain badass..!

·
Registered
755 Posts

not a willys p/u but i figured it would be right at home on this thread. i have plans for it but still haven't spun a wrench on it. but the parts pile is getting bigger :D

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
My folks both had CJ10's when I was younger much much younger I cried when they sold em:mad3:. Stock they were great for four wheeling and working on farms.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Well mine is hard(wood)core :) I lost the pics with the side trays full of ice an beer:

Still running the F-head 4, but with a reground cam, ported and relieved block and head, Clifford Header and a HUGE weber 2bbl carb. Stand back, I bet this baby is up to 80 HP now!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought a 1952 Willys Pick Up from Willybig. Pretty cool the truck came all the way from Delaware Ohio to Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada.

specs.
-350TPI, TH350, NP203/205 doubler
-Dana 60's, 4.88's, detroits, 4 wheel discs
-triangulated 4 link front and rear, Sway Aways up front, 1/4 eliptical rear
-39.5 TSL's on Diamond beadlocks

I absolutely love the truck. I own 4 of these now from totally original to this beast.
I'm gonna make a few changes. I am going to build tube fenders front and rear that follow the factory lines, but allow more room for the tires, then I will lower it 4" I'm doin 39.5" boggers to better suit my trail conditions, and then just some cosmetic stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
I bought a 1952 Willys Pick Up from Willybig. Pretty cool the truck came all the way from Delaware Ohio to Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada.

specs.
-350TPI, TH350, NP203/205 doubler
-Dana 60's, 4.88's, detroits, 4 wheel discs
-triangulated 4 link front and rear, Sway Aways up front, 1/4 eliptical rear
-39.5 TSL's on Diamond beadlocks

I absolutely love the truck. I own 4 of these now from totally original to this beast.
I'm gonna make a few changes. I am going to build tube fenders front and rear that follow the factory lines, but allow more room for the tires, then I will lower it 4" I'm doin 39.5" boggers to better suit my trail conditions, and then just some cosmetic stuff.
It looks nice .

·
Registered
464 Posts
Really like the yellow one but do agree it could drop some altitude to be more stable.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Nice trucks, anyone ever make a willys pickup into an extended cab using a wagon? Willys pickups are sweet but 2 people and 2 dogs just don't fit in a willys pickup.

121 - 140 of 412 Posts