Pirate 4x4 banner

Extreme Willys Wagons and Trucks

653K views 427 replies 219 participants last post by  myjeepsbigger 
#1 ·
Ok I can't take it anymore, so post up... (inspired by Pdaddy's post)

All you fellows out there with Wagons, Trucks, or Willys other than CJ's post up you hard work. A pic and description. I want this thread to help others that are still working on the forgotten cousins of the Jeep.

I have a 1959 Willys Wagon mated to a 1976 Wagoneer chassis. Running Dana 44's front and rear, 401V8, TH 400, 4" of Lift, 35" Dunlop MT's, 12000 lb winch and more to come, but not yet finished.

There should be a guy in Yuba City with a bad ass truggy too.

Pic's coming shortly.

If we get good enough response I can create a mailing list for those that want to assist or talk shop without dogging the Pirate Board.

Later AJ

#237 · (Edited)
Here's my 62.

2004 LQ4 6.0 engine (Drive by Wire)
Howell custom engine harness and H.O. computer (400HP / 480TQ)
Dual HushPower Flow Master mufflers
4L60E 4 speed automatic / high performance
241 w/JB Conversions SYE
Cruise control
Tilt column
Hydroboost 4 wheel disc brakes
Black power leather seats & center console
Delay wipers
Air conditioning
Custom dash
AutoMeter Gauges
Power windows
Custom built 1 piece rear lift gate
Yellow top Optima battery
HP Dana 60 front with Detroit and 4.56 gears, 35 spline Superior Evolution inner and outer front axles with Yukon Super Joints, 35 spline Warn locking hubs, Ballistic Fab high steer arms, 1 1/2" .250 wall tie rod and drag link with rod ends
Custom American Vintage 4x4 Dana 60, Detroit and 4.56 gears, 35 spline dual spline 300M axles, Dana 60 front spindles/hubs, Warn 35 splin3 locking hubs
41x14.50x17 IROK Radials on Mickey Thompson 17x9 Alloy wheels
BDS Wrangler front and XJ rear springs
Tom Woods driveshafts
On board air
Ready Welder II
12 volt cooler
8274-50 Warn winch
iPod Stereo
Boss marine speakers
Hella headlights
LED tail lights
Glued in dark black tinted glass all the way around. No rubber on windows cuz it sucks
Completely rust free body / dipped in acid and phosphorous and sprayed with DP90 epoxy primer
Interior and underneath sprayed with Vortex bed liner

Photos of first trial run on 35's:

New pile-o-parts ready to go in...

#246 ·
here's mine, it doesn't really fit anywhere bit the grille is from an old USMC M151 that I found rotting away on base, it's welded to a CJ hood bolted to a YJ cowl, that sits on half a YJ frame, the rest is tubing...

#250 ·
Update on my Wagon build:

I've decided to use a Blazer frame and drivetrain and picked up an '87 K5 with a 350 motor, dana 60 frt and corp 14 bolt rear end. For the Wagon body I've been working on the rust/holes and finally got primer on it. I cut 95% of the roof off and made a custom ragtop. I've also made custom side windows that I can either roll up or take off (similar to a Jeep CJ7 button top and sides). I'm just installing the tailgate and then will make a custom window for that too.

Soon I need to lift the body onto the frame and figure out the body mounts. Also the motor rebuild will happen soon. Hopefully I can have the truck on the road inside of 6 months. For the seating I'll be using original seats but arrange them in 2-2-3 rows allowing me to fit my entire family.

I'm thinking of using militray Hummer 37x12.50s with beadlock rims since they're nice and cheap. Not sure if anyone has personal experience using them. The paint scheme will be baby blue with white inserts and a white ragtop.

#265 ·
When it was SOA I was running Rancho springs in the front. When I went back to SUA I installed Wagoneer springs in the front. Mine sits a little higher than the green truck because I used two CJ style polyurethane body mount bushings at every mounting point. Each bushing measures 5/8" which puts my truck about 1" higher than stock because the factory body bushings were only about 1/4" thick. Also keep in mind that the front of these trucks were designed to sit a little lower than the rear. When I fabbed the spring hangers for the Wagoneer springs I designed them to place the front ride height to be very close to that of the rear.

#267 · (Edited)
Nothing fancy here, just taking here down as close to frame off as I can.
Ford 289 Hipo with 23k on it
Np435
Np205 driver side drop
Dana 44 front 3.35 gears
AMC 20 WT 3.35 gear
Started with

To this

Now working on fixing her up a lot more.

Hoping to have fairly rust free with nice new paint job, new bumpers front and rear, rock sliders, Gm 14 bolt rear instead of amc20 and all new interior.

#268 ·
51 Willys Tow Rig on Street-friendly 44" Boggers

Towed the quads down to Oregon Dunes over Spring Break, going down again for Dunefest & Memorial Day. Probably be ready to get some road tires after three 10 hour drives on 44" boggers - or finally get a toyhauler so the wife doesn't have to pull the RV.

Attachments

#272 ·
I stumbled across this thread looking for some good willys builds. Though I would toss in a few shots of my old willys iron. I am currently hunting parts down for a Rat Rod willys pickup. When I finish that I am moving on and selling the CJ3B for a willys pickup truck/buggy build for my off road rig. Does anyone have a money tree I can plant :laughing:

#280 ·
I stumbled across this thread looking for some good willys builds. Though I would toss in a few shots of my old willys iron. I am currently hunting parts down for a Rat Rod willys pickup. When I finish that I am moving on and selling the CJ3B for a willys pickup truck/buggy build for my off road rig. Does anyone have a money tree I can plant :laughing:

My money tree just won't bear any money. Please pass me some seedlings as well. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.