Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one running f-150 rears? yes I searched but only found front applications , I read they flex as good as the chevy's but are shorter, any info anyone?????

·
Registered
975 Posts
ive heard of people using them on 40 series land cruiser but nothing on the mini's yet. I would check over on the land cruiser section for some prelimanary info.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I installed a pair of 1985 F150 rears (2.5" wide) I first installed them like normal, moving the front mount forward 5" and the rear 4". The flex was pretty good but I wanted more and I didn't like the way the front mount was now the lowest part on my frame. I the moved the gas tank to the bed and imboarded them 5" on each side. I am now -very- happy with the flex. Also when I moved the springs, I put the front mount up inside the frame so there is nothing to hang on. I mounted to shocks sraight up and down with the lower mount on top of the spring u-bolt plate. I can -almost- use all of my 15" travel shock. I plan later to move the rear frame in to match the springs and will move the shocks further out on the axle and slightly tip them in, sorta like the front shocks.
So bottom line: I think they are great springs. But just putting them on normally won't give you jaw dropping flex. Like the Chevys, you would need to run a double shackle or buggy spring to flex good.(both of which I don't care for)
BTW- when I imboarded them, I added a full lenth aal to help over come some of the extreem leverage now placed on the spring. my .02 cents

Rex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts