Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a high boy for sale and was wondering if the np435 was the only option for 4 speeds. trucks a 76'. assuming it has a 435 and np205 under it. were there any other options for this. 360 motor in it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, thanks... i called the guy tonight and clarified... definately a 435, and he definately has a few extra ones kickin around. as well as like 4 rear 60's, 2 lp 44's one hp 44 and a couple extra 205's. i love it!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Depending on what you are planning on doing...

GET A DANA 60 FRONT instead of a 44. Just trying to pass on what I have spent on and help another out going down that road.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i thought about that. and i told myself. hp 44 or dana 60. i don't really plan on going over 37's. since i found a hp 44, i think i'm gonna try it out. if it breaks. i'll either upgrade it or replace it with a 60. i'm usually pretty easy on the pedal.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but out of curiosity. i'm going to look at it tomorrow morning, but if i can get a better idea before i go there... what's under the front of a 76 high boy?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Should be a 44HD under there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this maybe the the wrong forum, but what year bellhousing should i be looking for to mate a 435 to a 4.0 jeep motor? will anyone bellshousing do from a t18, 150, or t176 4.2?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well i'll share my excitement, not sure if anyone cares but here goes. i picked the truck up tonight and let me say this, that little write up about collecting junk in the articles section on this site don't have shit on me now. i payed 500 for this 76 highboy f250. it doesn't quite run, meaning not at all. included with the 500 i got a mint hood, 2 mint doors, 2 decent doors, a front clip, a pretty mint cab. also included, i got 1 frame that's in awesome shape, painted, but peeling with 435, 205 and hp 44 and rear 60. another frame with a hd lp 44 rear 60. the guy also gave me 3 transmissions ones a divorced 435, and two of them are t-18's, one attached to a t-case. all in all, i think i got a pretty good deal. oh ya, and i got 2 nos door skins, a front radiator support, 2 decent front inner fenders and a t-19 jeep kaiser transmission. come on, i know you're all madd jealous.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Sounds like you did him a favor and gave him $500 to do his dirty work of cleaning out his garage and backyard. :laughing:

I am a former junk collector, now I am a picky junk collector. Yes I think you got a good haul. Now you have to store that shit, sell it, use it, or find a home for it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, maybe i am a bit optimistic about all of it... oh well, it's my curse. with the extra hood, doors, front clip and cab, i'm gonna put those on the good fram along with the 390 motor. but i'm gonna pull the hp 44 and slap that in my jeep :flipoff2: along with one of the extra 435's and 205's.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
the guy also gave me 3 transmissions ones a divorced 435,
Send pics of said divorced 435. I wanna see how the clutch is setup on a divorced transmission:shaking:

I had a 76 f-250 high boy with a 360. It had a t-18. I didnt think they started using the np435 until 78?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well according to novak ford started using the 435 in 1966. i'm gonna take pics when i get out of work of the truck and what not. i won't have the frames and cab til saturday and i'll get pics of those as well, but the tranny's don't have clutches with them so, no pics for you

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Yea they had them before '78. I had a one owner '74 with the snowfighter package and it had teh 435 and closed knuckle 60 up front. Leaky sob that axle was.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Guess i got lucky. My 76 had a t-18 and the 74 I have now also has a t-18

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
the t-case is worth what you paid in the right area.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do those t-cases ever come married to the 435? or just divorced? i have one 435 that's married to something, i'm guessing maybe the dana 24?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts