Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I got my truck back from the tranny shop (rebuild) the 4X4 doesn't work. I know it worked before because I used 4lo to put it on the trailer when I took it down there. It is a 2000 with the Shift on the Fly. I have checked all the connections that hook up to the tranny, checked the fuses and the relays.

Is there anything that I am missing?

·
Registered
534 Posts
After I got my truck back from the tranny shop (rebuild) the 4X4 doesn't work. I know it worked before because I used 4lo to put it on the trailer when I took it down there. It is a 2000 with the Shift on the Fly. I have checked all the connections that hook up to the tranny, checked the fuses and the relays.

Is there anything that I am missing?

Uh, yeah, take it back to the tranny shop quickly before they try and tell you it was not them!

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I called him as soon as I realized it. He said that they only unhook it to take the tranny out. He told me to unplug/plug it pack in, other then that he can't help me. It's sad that you have to be a dick to get customer sevice after spending almost $3000.

·
Registered
361 Posts
you could try resetting the computer.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
thats bullshit. bring it back to the shop. period.

if our shop did that, i would expect you to bring it to me. not to have to fix it yourself. bring it back and make them fix it... or make them diagnose whats wrong with it. if it wasnt them, fix what broke. but if it worked before it went in, and didnt after it left... it was them and it was there problem. :shaking:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
it was the gremlins :flipoff2:

take it back, have them scan for codes. they should at least check it for free, i would at my shop. if they rule out anything they did then react according. post up the results. i will try to talk you though a repair if they give you the finger

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was the gremlins :flipoff2:

take it back, have them scan for codes. they should at least check it for free, i would at my shop. if they rule out anything they did then react according. post up the results. i will try to talk you though a repair if they give you the finger

Fawkin Gremlins :mr-t:

tranny guy said:
Hey , I saw your post about the 4x4 , I called and left you a message ,Hopefully I can help you figure this out , If it was caused by us I will take care of it , Period. Never had a problem but there is always a first time.
Look forward to talking with you soon.

I just got this in a PM on my local board. We will see what he has to say hopefully I don't get any fingers :D

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check the vacuum hose.
Even with the hubs locked there is nothing, you can feel like its steering a little tight but no power to the axle. It's gotta be electrical/swith related. The 4X4 light doesn't come and there is no "thunk" when you turn the switch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i think there is a small plug on the t case. check that too

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
they probably took it off, and bent one of the prongs over..

·
Registered
534 Posts
He told me to unplug/plug it pack in, other then that he can't help me. .

Wow, I hope the tranny does not go out, sounds like you would have hell trying to get them to cover something:shaking:

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like it's the GEM Module. Well that's what he says after all the tests he ran. After a small conversation he says he is going to replace it to keep me as a happy customer. Even though he is not admiting his shop did anything wrong. Seems like a stand up dude so far. Hopefully this does the trick.

I personally think they didn't disconnect the batteries and shorted a wire.

·
Registered
534 Posts
After a small conversation he says he is going to replace it to keep me as a happy customer.
That is how all business' should be run, unfortunately most are not

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I assume you have the ESOF t-case, if the 4x4 light does not come on the electric shifting motor is not working. the 4x4 shift light sensor is internal and senses when the shift motor has fully moved the t-case into the 4x4 position. If the motor does not work nothing moves inside and the light does not come on. Pull the plug going to the t-case shift motor and probe it for 12v when you move the dash switch to 4x4. If you have 12v then it is the motor, if no voltage then check the fuse. Like was said already, check the prongs on the plugs to be sure they are OK. The vacuum lines have nothing to do with the 4x4 light.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts