Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and not found anything on this ive tried going back to the old solenoid, when i started it wouldnt start from the key switch had to jump the solenoid, now i have no power to anything no headlights dome lights anything. not even a click when i turn the key, i can jump the solenoid but it wont start, am i missing summin? I need help fast. A picture of the solenoid and where the wires go would be awesome, all fusable links are good. I am not a diesel mech but i can change a solenoid, problem is i didnt pay attention to where the wires went. I am getting no power to anything except the solenoid. please help!!!!!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
There should only be the wire that runs down to the starter on one big post, everything else goes on the other.

·
Registered
83 Posts
IDI wire

There should be a smaller wire from the positive side of the pasenger side battery that runs to one side of the solenoid on the passenger fender. These smaller wires are notorious for corroding inside the junction with the large cable that feeds the starter solenoid down on the starter, since they give out long before the main cable. This smaller positive wire feeds all your accessory terminals on the solenoid on the passenger fender, except the hot from the key switch to start position. The other unused post on the solenoid on the passenger fender is hot only when the key is turned to start, and this is where another smaller wire runs down to the starter, since on the IDI there is a large cable from the battery that runs down to the starter, and the small wire from the solenoid on the fender to trigger the solenoid that is on the starter. Been awhile since I looked at one of these, but I am thinking that is how it is. :confused: Good luck. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts