Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i helped abudie take out a 392 out of loadstar that was going to the wrecker so we started to try and undo the fenders and hood well that job sucked so I got the ider of just tear it off its much faster and alot more fun so i just wraped a chane ariound each fender and put the scout in 4L and hit it hard in reverse and off it came... faster then a cuting torch or plasma cutter :grinpimp:

the subject and geting the first fender ready

1 minute later the 1st fender is off

2nd fender

after the front was toren off.. it put up a big fight
and engine ready to work on

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
That's the Cheif I remember.... if you didn't include the pics, I'd have no idea wtf you were babbling about! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sweet!! I did the same with a couple of old dozer radiators. Great fun. And the noise generated sounds like a car wreck.

Will a loadstar windshield fit a 72 T-all?? Shape looks close. May be worth some money if so.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!! I did the same with a couple of old dozer radiators. Great fun. And the noise generated sounds like a car wreck.

Will a loadstar windshield fit a 72 T-all?? Shape looks close. May be worth some money if so.
72 no just 68 and pre

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You gona put the turbo on the 392?
it wasent for me :crybaby2::crybaby2: i was sleeping :zzz: so im still keeping an eye out for a 392 (nudge nudge wink wink)

tho i think what im going to do when i get a 392 is put it in the pickup and take out the 304 and build it up to be a turbo engine that can handle a fare amount of boost and rev prety high

oh and BTW I have your pushrods :)

·
Registered
91 Posts

I always wanted to bore a 304 out to 4" and have a 327 , still don't know but I xpect it would need sleeves.

Turbo would be great , first 2 SII's were 304 ,damn near indestructable( little power helped not hurt them) , back in the no lockers no tires world I beat those Scouts silly and only ever broke spring and shock mounts.

Iv'e got a running 392 non I/C in a loadstar up country I might part with.

The Hippie and I just put 6.5 Turbo on his 6.2/sm465/rockwell SII I may have to follow suit with a 6.2 turbo/700r4/d300-twinned in my Traveler. I will get paid up and post a tread w/ pics.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I always wanted to bore a 304 out to 4" and have a 327 , still don't know but I xpect it would need sleeves.

Turbo would be great , first 2 SII's were 304 ,damn near indestructable( little power helped not hurt them) , back in the no lockers no tires world I beat those Scouts silly and only ever broke spring and shock mounts.

Iv'e got a running 392 non I/C in a loadstar up country I might part with.

The Hippie and I just put 6.5 Turbo on his 6.2/sm465/rockwell SII I may have to follow suit with a 6.2 turbo/700r4/d300-twinned in my Traveler. I will get paid up and post a tread w/ pics.

hahahahah thats awesome... I realy like the 304 in the pickup but its tired but it reves up quicker then the 345 so i think if it was built to handel a continuis say 11 to 14 psi boost and rev up to 6 k it would be a fun ittle motor and still get good milage when driving acordingly how was the turbo install on the 6.2 my bro wants to do that on his suburban.. what did you do for boost controll? love to see pics...

oh and wheres that 392 located? im defently inderisted.... Are you still doing work DT?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts