Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The truck has no cancer. It's solid and runs great. Has just over 210,000 miles on the engine. This is my daily driver and so the title is clear and clean. I did a compression test earlier in the year and was above 160psi on each cylinder. The oil is changed out every three months and I also adjust the valves at that time.
I replaced the drivers side brake caliper with new and replaced all the pads. Just recently replaced the battery with a new Interstate battery with a 50month warranty. The carpet was pulled and flooring painted with bedliner. Everything works but it does need a new washer bottle with motor. I still have the bottle but the motor is toast. No real leaks. Infact I dont remember seeing any leaks but it might a little here and there. I replaced the seats with those from a Toyota Supra and the rear seats are from an SR5 4runner. I had to replace the rollbar too cause it wasnt there when I bought the truck. The fiberglass shell is in good shape. I painted the whole truck Olive Drab. I removed the rear bumper and trim to ready it for a full wrap around bumper. The front bumper has the ends taken off. I installed a 3inch lift kit and it has 31 inch MS tires that are a year old and only have about 5000 miles on them. They are still very meaty. This is my daily driver and I would trust it to go anywhere. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. Pics can be found here:

http://groups.msn.com/1985Toyota4Runner/shoebox.msnw

After I paid for the rig, got it home, etc I had about 1400 invested. Then I had to invest more into the truck. The lift kit was 250 and was installed not long ago. I had an add-a-leaf installed earier this year. I did not replace the shocks because I am not finished with my suspension setup. Did not want to chance buying the wrong length shocks and then having to fork out more cash to replace those. I am asking 1400 for the whole truck. Im in the Boise Idaho area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interested in your truck and I'm in Salt Lake. Is the interior back together??? If yes please send me pictures to

[email protected]

How far from Boise are you or to be exact where are you located?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I tried to buy this truck and could not come up with the cash. Seemed to be a good solid truck. Not pretty-but solid. Drove it around the block a few times-no unusual noises; clutch would not slip; low range worked; slight bit of noise from t. chain on startup-gone after 5-10 seconds-could not hear motor running after that. Brakes don't pull and work. Tires are 31" Big O mud terrain (clones of BFG-MT) at about 75-80%. Could not find any rust on the truck.
Any other questions-feel free to email me at [email protected]

Meridian is a suburb of Boise-just under 10 miles away.

I never met Dave before I tried to buy this truck. Just trying to give an outside opinion.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The interior was put back in shortly after I removed it. I did not put the carpet back in. I did paint the floor with some bed liner. Mud and dirt just wash out now. Like he stated the truck isnt a beauty queen. But it is priced well for what it is. Im not even making a profit off the sale. I have lost interests in the truck. Thats the reason I am selling it. I did buy an 1983 MBZ 240D so I could do a diesel swap. Shortly after I decided to keep the 240D and sale the 4runner. I am looking at another 4x4 that isnt a toyota or GM, dodge, ford. They are hard to find and not cheap. this one is in a reachable range. I need to get cash up as fast as I can before the guy sales it. 1400 is a fair price. its a solid rig with no rust or cancer. a few small dents and dings but hey I wheel and those happen. pictures are on thqat url i posted above. if you wan more pics let me know what your interested in. i will take them and post them on the same url.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
its only a ten hour drive. :D
oh..btw the springs and other stuff are still in the bay area. they havent been shipped yet... sooooo... if you live in that area you can just pick them up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeah a little overspray on the glass. I was lazy and didnt care to clean it off. but it might give me something to do over the weekend.

Here is a pic (if it works) after the lift:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dude, I am thinking about it...

Do you have any pics of the interior in its finished state? I am seriously thinking about driving out there to visit with a buddy and check out your rig. Would you have any objections to me taking it to a mechanic for a once over? Hopefully my x-mas bonus check gets here soon.

Please send any correspondence to: [email protected]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the interior isnt really in a complete finished state. My intentions were to first get the suspension complete, then finally get a paint color (either red or black), and then complete the interior to match. It doesnt have a carpet as you know, and the front seats are from a Toyota Supra. The rear seat is from an SR5 4runner and is red. I can take pics if you like and post them on the url where the pics are now. it is missing the carpet and the center consel piece between the consel and the center dash. I was going to make something to fit a CB and radio. It doesnt have a radio. The dash is all there minus a radio which wasnt there when I bought the truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey dude, if you have a digi-cam handy I would appreciate some pictures of the interior, seats f/r, load area.... Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will try and get some tonight.. left the digicam in the wife's car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it's in oregon, I am VERY interested...lemme know where it's at.

·
Registered
823 Posts
read the posts......boise

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More pics

Ok for those that wanted to see the interior. Today I switched to a different phone company. We have been imprissioned by Qwest (USwest) for long enough. The market just opened and I got a much better rate and phone service. But in the trade we lost our DSL today. So I am loading pics with a 56K modem. I wont be posting a ton of pics. It took me an hour to get these setup for posting here. Would have taken maybe two minutes on DSL... anyway the truck isnt cleaned or dolled up. It is dirty. Yep thats overspray on the glass and some plastic. Cleans up fine. As promissed no carpet and some trim missing. No radio.

If you have any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
what engine?? 22r or 22re??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In 1985 the Toyota 4runner was a one year only truck for North America. It was the last year of a solid front axle and the first year of the 22RE. Ive been asked if it is EFI after telling folks it has a 22RE.. thats cool if some didnt know that the 22RE is the 22R with EFI. Its a 5speed manual. I dont know when the last clutch job was done but I do know this one doesnt slip and it drives great. Infact I would say the truck is very well mechanically sound.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts