Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get a new clutch/brake pedal assembly at? My truck has the lovely aluminum pedal bracket, and its broke in about 50 spots. :eek:

anyway, the clutch will not disengauge from reverse, and id like to replace the whole pedal assembly with new stuff. the stealership was closed by the time we found it...

Anyone done this before? i know the newer (92 up) have a new assembly from Ford, mines off an 89. My parts bronco is an auto, so its diffrent. :mad3:

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Swap isn;t bad. You need to drop the column down to put it in, but it isn't too hard.

You *may* have to completely pull the column as it is quite a tight fit in there.

Justin

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not too worried about the removal... im actually planing on yanking my dash out (again) for some A/C box work. how about avaliability? Should i be heading to pick and pull at lunch? :D

ill call around tomarrow, just wondering what you guys have done in the past considering i can only sit here and think about it all night...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good news!:smokin:

i called the stealership today. the pedal comes in several peices, but they did have a listing still...

the bracket was around 80 bucks
the shaft was around 11 bucks
and the bushing kit was around 4. :smokin:

I feel much better buying new OEM parts. Its nice knowing it will fit... not that whole autozone "my computer thinks it may fit that year" kinda thing. Anyway, sacramento had it so they should be here tomarrow morning. Im going to yank the dash out this weekend (maybe) and swap the heater box off my bronco with A/C for the non-A/C box that is in my truck now.

this whole 114 degree weather with smoke fawking sucks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hell, that isn't to bad for an all new setup. Last time I went looking for an 80-86 assembly, the yard wanted 75. After I was done laughing, the guy said "No, seriously" and I walked out. . .

Justin

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i thought it was good for a dealership. now we just wait and see if its correct. :laughing:

oh, and he said they list back to a 1985, just so you all know..

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, just a quick update - pedals fit perfectly, and it shifts better than any truck ive driven before. :smokin: I love OEM parts.

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts