Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
yup, fully bitchin. I'm planning of building something along the same lines here this fall. Tube work looks great, gotta love the flat black :smokin:

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Proeliator said:
yup, fully bitchin. I'm planning of building something along the same lines here this fall. Tube work looks great, gotta love the flat black :smokin:
TY

I am gonna add a cage around the top of the cab too. So I can Rub these darn trees without busting the front glass. Plan on taking the front clip off this winter and tubing it too.

I think I am gonna rhino line my truck boxes. You guessed it flat black... :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes thats perfect awesome man that was the idea that i had until i took the regular cab off and put on a crew cab.

·
Registered
477 Posts
got any closer pics we can see im really diggin it

·
Registered
218 Posts
what is the material you used for the deck? We are doing cage and deck on my rig in october so this stuff is at the front of my mind.

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks.

The deck/flat bed part is 1/8th Tread plate. It rests on 1/8x1.5x1.5 angle.
My main cage behind cab is off of an origanal truck roll bar cut down to just the hoop. 1.75 for rockers and the bars from hoop to back of bed.
I used some smaller Pipe for bracing. I know PIPE. But my next one is gonna be tubing. I just got my bender the other day. I will get some closer shots and post them this evening. I will mock up the truck boxes maybe towards the weekend for a picture as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks great! How did you attach the rocker tubes tot he frame? Did you weld to the outside or dod you drill a hole and push the tubes through and weld to a plate on the inside of the frame?

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
broke33 said:
Looks great! How did you attach the rocker tubes tot he frame? Did you weld to the outside or dod you drill a hole and push the tubes through and weld to a plate on the inside of the frame?
Rockers was welded to the outside of the frame. I made a body mount that bolted to the cab/rocker with a rubber block.

·
Registered
77 Posts
man i freakin love it!!!! i thought i was looking at my F-250 Snow Fighter, i have the same truck......same flat black and no bed.....you got me beat on tires though.....thats exactly what ive had going around in my head about a rear flatbed/roll cage setup....im sticking my toolboxes IN the bed though, and my floor will be up about 6"s....... exo cage huh??? sounds killer, cant wait to see it.......ivan gave me a link to a thread on here where a guy put airbags under his rig, thats my ultimate goal.....till then shackle flips and dropped shackle mounts will have to do............... :smokin:

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NeOkcOffRoader said:
man i freakin love it!!!! i thought i was looking at my F-250 Snow Fighter, i have the same truck......same flat black and no bed.....you got me beat on tires though.....thats exactly what ive had going around in my head about a rear flatbed/roll cage setup....im sticking my toolboxes IN the bed though, and my floor will be up about 6"s....... exo cage huh??? sounds killer, cant wait to see it.......ivan gave me a link to a thread on here where a guy put airbags under his rig, thats my ultimate goal.....till then shackle flips and dropped shackle mounts will have to do............... :smokin:
Thanks.

I'll get some better pics in January. And I hope they are trail pics...

I need some new 44" boggers for the rear too.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts