Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
yup, fully bitchin. I'm planning of building something along the same lines here this fall. Tube work looks great, gotta love the flat black :smokin:

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Proeliator said:
yup, fully bitchin. I'm planning of building something along the same lines here this fall. Tube work looks great, gotta love the flat black :smokin:
TY

I am gonna add a cage around the top of the cab too. So I can Rub these darn trees without busting the front glass. Plan on taking the front clip off this winter and tubing it too.

I think I am gonna rhino line my truck boxes. You guessed it flat black... :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes thats perfect awesome man that was the idea that i had until i took the regular cab off and put on a crew cab.

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks.

The deck/flat bed part is 1/8th Tread plate. It rests on 1/8x1.5x1.5 angle.
My main cage behind cab is off of an origanal truck roll bar cut down to just the hoop. 1.75 for rockers and the bars from hoop to back of bed.
I used some smaller Pipe for bracing. I know PIPE. But my next one is gonna be tubing. I just got my bender the other day. I will get some closer shots and post them this evening. I will mock up the truck boxes maybe towards the weekend for a picture as well.

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
broke33 said:
Looks great! How did you attach the rocker tubes tot he frame? Did you weld to the outside or dod you drill a hole and push the tubes through and weld to a plate on the inside of the frame?
Rockers was welded to the outside of the frame. I made a body mount that bolted to the cab/rocker with a rubber block.

·
Registered
77 Posts
man i freakin love it!!!! i thought i was looking at my F-250 Snow Fighter, i have the same truck......same flat black and no bed.....you got me beat on tires though.....thats exactly what ive had going around in my head about a rear flatbed/roll cage setup....im sticking my toolboxes IN the bed though, and my floor will be up about 6"s....... exo cage huh??? sounds killer, cant wait to see it.......ivan gave me a link to a thread on here where a guy put airbags under his rig, thats my ultimate goal.....till then shackle flips and dropped shackle mounts will have to do............... :smokin:

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NeOkcOffRoader said:
man i freakin love it!!!! i thought i was looking at my F-250 Snow Fighter, i have the same truck......same flat black and no bed.....you got me beat on tires though.....thats exactly what ive had going around in my head about a rear flatbed/roll cage setup....im sticking my toolboxes IN the bed though, and my floor will be up about 6"s....... exo cage huh??? sounds killer, cant wait to see it.......ivan gave me a link to a thread on here where a guy put airbags under his rig, thats my ultimate goal.....till then shackle flips and dropped shackle mounts will have to do............... :smokin:
Thanks.

I'll get some better pics in January. And I hope they are trail pics...

I need some new 44" boggers for the rear too.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.