Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for some answers, searched and found http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13. I'm working on a 94 f350 that sat for a few years. We had the fuel tank out and cleaned, owner tested the fuel pump and says it works, but when we turn the key there is no fuel. I checked the connector at the tank and two terms read 1.6v and the other read 8v. Tried to check for codes and got nothing. Sprayed ether and gas in the intake and get mostly nothing. Sometimes it sounds like it wants to fire. Pulled the fuel line off the fuel filter, turned key, nothing, cranked motor, nothing. (fuel filter did have gas in it) Checked fuses, swapped fuel pump relay with horn relay, still nothing.

Is there a sensor or something that could go bad and not let the fuel pump run? I am thinking of hotwiring direct from the battery to the pump and see if I have pressure at the fuel rail.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Did you check the inertia switch? When you have someone turn the key on and you lsiten to the gas tank can you hear the pump run?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should be able to hot wire the pump through the relay plug. I don't know which exact relay yours uses so won't comment on the connections. If you can put a fuse in the jumper wire. If you screw up you'll be glad you did.

You tried Ether and Gas down the intake and nothing? Sounds more like a no spark situation to me. Pull the plugs and see how they look. Might be fouled really bad.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you check the inertia switch? When you have someone turn the key on and you listen to the gas tank can you hear the pump run?
That's a good idea, any idea where it might be? I know most Fords I've seen are in the trunk, but I don't know about pickups.

I think maybe the ether and gas flooded it, not sure.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be able to hot wire the pump through the relay plug. I don't know which exact relay yours uses so won't comment on the connections. If you can put a fuse in the jumper wire. If you screw up you'll be glad you did.
I did that and I can hear the pump run, I have pressure at the fuel rail. I don't have voltage to energize the relay, something like 2v. tomorrow when the batery is charged fully I'll hotwire the pump and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts