Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done fabing my tube fenders for my new project. Due to wheeling several types of terain, I want to build some kind of wheel well to keep mud and debris out. Any ideas?

I thought of modifing a set of stock CJ fenders buy just cutting out the well and lengthining the back of the opening. Anyone using something that works well?

One thing that I would like to do though is make them removable. That way for rock crawling in dry climates, I can run without them. It would also help the engine temperature during the summer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I have run mine in 3' of mud, and never had it get on the motor. Just a bit on the firewall. I would not waste my time. But if you had to, I would just use some truck mud flap material and hang it off the inside bar of the fender.

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Hey Keith. I remember a year or two ago you told me you got your fenders at Pep Boys???? Were you just bullshittin me or were you serious? Got a Part number if so? :beer:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Al sheet works great for such things. Easy to work with. You can attach it with either just self taping screws, or make a couple tabs and use bolts, or bling bling Dzus fasteners.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you get Al sheet? What is it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Douh, Al=aluminum. I got it, Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts