Pirate 4x4 banner

43541 - 43560 of 58833 Posts

·
I'm not your buddeh
13,072 Posts
Those are bilsteins 5100s, actually... The jeep is good... but he is constantly trying to fuck it up, lol. Im trying to help him but I am losing faith.

·
Registered
768 Posts
link to said towing pages?
search wrecker page on facebook.

It has some good crash pictures but mostly douche bags taking pictures of other drivers that arent hooked up to DOT spec :shaking:

A better page is tow truck mafia. The picture is of a red solo cup on the search page. its basically the pirate4x4 of the towing world

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not sure if this is

(A) shop fail
(B) gear lube fail
(C) axle vent fail
(D) my fail for not doing my own work

I'm thinking (A), or (D) :eek:

I had my fluid replaced by a local shop 6 months ago (or so I was told and charged for). While chasing down a clicking noise, I decided to pull the cover of my rear 14b. Here's what I found:

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I've driven through plenty of deep water that didn't turn my gear lube into diarrhea.

Does that really look to you like 6 month old gear lube (15 runs in a rock crawler in AZ) that has gotten water mixed with it?
You could have only wheeled in the Sahara Desert and had some camels piss down the vent hose and that doesn't change that you got some water in there somehow.

Yes, it looks like something water based mixed with the lube.

Did you find the clicking noise? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Not sure if this is

(A) shop fail
(B) gear lube fail
(C) axle vent fail
(D) my fail for not doing my own work

I'm thinking (A), or (D) :eek:

I had my fluid replaced by a local shop 6 months ago (or so I was told and charged for). While chasing down a clicking noise, I decided to pull the cover of my rear 14b. Here's what I found:

That there is the new environmentaly friendly water based lubricant. Known in the country of California to cause cancer.

·
Registered
22,763 Posts
I've driven through plenty of deep water that didn't turn my gear lube into diarrhea.

Does that really look to you like 6 month old gear lube (15 runs in a rock crawler in AZ) that has gotten water mixed with it?
Uh, that looks exactly like an emulsion of cleanish gear oil and cleanish water. It would be darker if the gear oil or water was really dirty prior to mixing.

You have a seal problem, or a vent problem, and an inability to accept blame.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
So last night I was playing catch with my Lab throwing his ball out in the woods like we have a million times before. This time he came back with a stick, a stick in his eye in-fact.

So I freaked out. Put the cone on him because he was trying to take it out him self by rolling on the ground. But I ended up pulling it out myself. It had no resistance. Now we are getting ready to take him to the vet. :cool:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
So last night I was playing catch with my Lab throwing his ball out in the woods like we have a million times before. This time he came back with a stick, a stick in his eye in-fact.

So I freaked out. Put the cone on him because he was trying to take it out him self by rolling on the ground. But I ended up pulling it out myself. It had no resistance. Now we are getting ready to take him to the vet. :cool:

:( I'm always worried about things like this, sorry it happened to you.

43541 - 43560 of 58833 Posts