Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a fair price on a USED grs1 t-case I have been looking at this one t-case on ebay and the buy it now price is 50 or so dollars less than a rebuilt with new gears.... crap like this pisses me off kinda like seeing junk in a pawn shop priced for more than you can buy it new for a wal-mart ..Is this guy on ebay smoking crack or what???? Does anyone have a ballpark figure on what one is worth?? THANKS!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6780&item=2402245194&rd=1

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I dont think hes on crack, If it is truly in good condition and you send him your case hes sending you $100 back. Hell I have one
that has 6 runs on never seen the street due to being a trailer only rig Im going to do the same shit. Supply and demand

Edit sorry didnt see the buy it now for $800. for a grs1 ya hes smokin, but if he gets it more power to him, Hell if he gets it Im tryin
hehehehe:D

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
well question still holds..

What's a fair price for a used GRSI case, complete, in good condition... ?

Many are upgrading, i might someday. curious to what a "fair" price is and what "good" price is... (if i wanna sell to a friend)

-yag

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
zukipuke said:
well question still holds..

What's a fair price for a used GRSI case, complete, in good condition... ?

Many are upgrading, i might someday. curious to what a "fair" price is and what "good" price is... (if i wanna sell to a friend)

-yag
How about $20?:flipoff2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jim.
I think it was a good deal. Petroworks list's for $895 plus shipping, plus your good usable core, and you will pay to ship your core back.
The Ebay price was cheaper then installing the gear kit alone and no core or return shipping cost.
When I sell mine, I will ask full price and eat the core charge plus all the shipping cost.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW looks like there is money to be made installing the gears I will learn on mine and then buy good stock t-cases from kimball for 100.00 or less each then i can start making bank seems thats where the money is.. a T- case is worth 100.00 to me MAX the gears are 495.00 alone new +20.00 shipping on the gears = $615.00 my labor is free so i see a profit of 180.00 if i take out 5.00 for gear oil and silicone assuming the bearings are in good shape then I can call it rebuilt and never ran...right?
bling bling $800.00 who wants em I am quitting my job tommorrow and I will be building them puppys on my coffee table wearing just my boxers while i watch general hospital :D

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
Donald_R said:

The Ebay price was cheaper then installing the gear kit alone and no core or return shipping cost.
When I sell mine, I will ask full price and eat the core charge plus all the shipping cost.
Notice he didn't get his reserve..so really the case didn't sell

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK YOU CRACK SMOKERS!! here is the deal our friends at trailtough have the crawler t-case (exactly the same as petroworks/GRS1) 4.16 reduction ready to go rebuilt for ......$649.00 +250.00 core and shipping on a t-case to medford is 15.00 from boise so.....I guess I answered my own post.

I emailed the guy on ebay about the 800.00 buy it now and he was a :rainbow: serves him right he only got a 500.00 bid on the used grs and who knows is it REALLY? a grs or a stock t case and they are pulling a bs scamm to score some bucks to supply a bad habit :rasta:

who knows I am tired of taking it in the ASS :nuke: when i put out the green I will have to go with trailtough:flipoff2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jim,
My T-Case came from TT and I'm into it for $700 cash total plus my old core. Of course its cheaper to install the gears yourself. Don't forget to buy new factory rubber mounts at $19 ea, need 3, not el cheapo brand X rubber mounts. Your old mounts will rip and dump your new T-Case onto the ground. I've seen your carnage photos...
Now you will need some armour to protect that $600 plus T-Case invesment. And you will need stronger T-Case arms. I bought TT's mighty Kong, armour and arms all rolled into one. So add $57 for rubber mounts and $200 for Kong with shipping, totals another $257. Now your at $850 or more.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There you go Don throwing facts and reality in the midst of my post pubesent glory!!:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jim,
Changing Transfercase gears is really a better bang for your buck value then changing to 5.12 Diff's. You still retain a good freeway speed, (3,300 rpm @ 65mph) assuming your using 31" tires. Your samurai crawl ratio of 30.8 (factory stock) jumps to 56.6 with a GRS1, keeping the stock transfer case and changing only to 5.12 Diff's gets you a crawl ratio of 42.4 and the downside is your highway rpms at 65 are now at 4,000 using 31" tires in 5th gear. I bet 5th really doesn't work well. Combining the 5.12's and the GRS1 give you a killer crawl ratio of 77.8, but kiss off driving on the freeway.
Which is where I'm at, so, those of us cursed with the "Hell, I can build it better" sickness start thinking of the best of both worlds. Dual transfer cases.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you put em in yourself ? and how were the instructions and what special tools did you use?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts