1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cruiseroutfit said:
Ouch... $750.00 Reserve price.....
$750.00…. but what is a late Mfg. 3 speed T case worth? Last one I sold was $275 with out the e-brake and linkages. Good clean ones around here are really $300-350 each. So this puts the OD at only $400, cheep when you look at what is available for ODs. I understand Gear Venders in San Diego will make one, but you’re talking $1200+ for that! I think Klune V is offering an OD version? How much do their units go for? (Yes new)

I saw this and thought about someone running a DD could get some good use out of it, especially with gas prices right now! If someone had a 3spd trany set up they could easily sell their 3sp TC and end up with an installed OD for cheep! (I say installed since most OD require complete TC tear down to pull the dedicated shaft out.)

Just thoughts,

Mark

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong, I think that it is definatly worth the $750... It would be an awesome upgrade for an older DD cruiser like you mentioned.

I just wish the reserve was closer to $200 :D

That way I could bid on it...;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I definately think it's worth $750. I paid $500 for mine with no T/C and it's worth every penny. Of course mine is behind a sm420 with an old style Warden plate adapter that has a full length trans output shaft. 80:1 crawl w/4.88 and 80+mph with a 2f on the freeway:eek: :D the best part is being able to split gears, so you don't have that huge gap between 3rd and 4th

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some info please...

My 82 BJ60 is screaming for an overdrive.

Its a Canadian model of course and has I believe an H41 and a late split case ??? Sorry to say I really don't know what I have for tranny and T-case... Anyway will this OD unit work with my tranny and the 3speed case or any other configuration ?

I will bid if it will work. An H55 would be nice but splitting the gears would be nicer !

Chris

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: Some info please...

squeezer said:
... Anyway will this OD unit work with my tranny ...
Not if you do have the split-tcase which your 60 should. There are some options for you:

H55F ($1800)
Marks 4WD overdrive t-case gears... ($1300)
Marks Overdrive unit... (Not quite sure?)

Good Luck:D

·
Registered
66 Buick Riviera GS, 78 FJ40, 82 FJ60, 87 Samurai, 00 Tundra, 07 Tundra CM 4x4, ‘21 Rivian R1T soon!
257 Posts
The h55f is $1800 and change, but the cost of the entire conversion gets quite a bit higher when all is said and done.

As with any project, final costs will often be twice as much as the initial parts cost.

I have an overdrive (fairey) for the split case. The nice thing about this option is that although the initial cost was high, the only parts necessary for installation were gaskets.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts