Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh ok I didn't know if there was enough adjustments there since it was made for an Allison. Also forgot to ask what size dom tubing did you use for the synergy adjuster?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Oh ok I didn't know if there was enough adjustments there since it was made for an Allison. Also forgot to ask what size dom tubing did you use for the synergy adjuster?
Nolen, I am not really sure what you mean when you say "enough adjustment"? In the picture below I clouded the two holes that line up with the existing trans mount cross member on the truck, when I straight edged across the center of these holes to the trans mount it was offset to the back about 1" to the center of the slotted holes on Tim's cross member, when I did the same on the cross member on the truck now I go the same offset so I am assuming that the trans mount and cross member will work for my truck as designed by Tim.

For the Synergy adjusters I used 1.5" x 250" wall DOM and had the inside of tubing bored to match the OD of the adjusters.

Pretty sure the 40d's will fit!!!

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,213 Posts
You barely need any lift to fit them! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry for the confusion I didnt know that an Allison and a 4L80E were that close in length. I assume that's what yours has since it's not the duramax, I didn't know if the transmission would bolt up to the mount on the skidplate. I know the skid plate bolts up

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,213 Posts
Sorry for the confusion I didnt know that an Allison and a 4L80E were that close in length. I assume that's what yours has since it's not the duramax, I didn't know if the transmission would bolt up to the mount on the skidplate. I know the skid plate bolts up
The difference in length is probably taken up by the transmission adapter that bolts between the transmission and transfer case.

Other bolt holes on the frame could be between manual/auto and 2wd/4wd. There's a bunch of different combinations of transmission mounting styles if you consider the four different transmissions all come in both 2wd or 4wd.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Just FYI the 4L80E is 26.25" and the Allison 1000 is 28.700", 2.45" difference.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I haven't forgot about this...
Been getting everything painted and ready to install. STILL waiting for my shocks... Going to start tearing into it this week. :smokin:

·
Registered
361 Posts
you place an awful lot of trust in those ratchet straps! I've been moving mine around the garage and scared to death about it falling on my foot.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
you place an awful lot of trust in those ratchet straps! I've been moving mine around the garage and scared to death about it falling on my foot.

No doubt! Gonna place a link to this in the big dumb loads thread. :flipoff2:

This should be the weld nut that you're looking for to do the steering ram mount:

Fastenal Part No. (SKU): 37986

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/37986?term=weld+nut&r=~|sattr01:^Steel$|~%20~|sattr04:^1/2%22-13$|~

I used 1/2-13 x 1.25" SHCS with G8 split lock washers to secure the two pieces together.
If you don't have a fastenal nearby, you could always use 1/2-13 nuts and tack them in place on the back side of that ram mount as well.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Yeah, I tried not to get underneath it. I've always used them to pick up axles and haven't had one come off yet, yet...

This should be the weld nut that you're looking for to do the steering ram mount:

Fastenal Part No. (SKU): 37986

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/37986?term=weld+nut&r=~|sattr01:^Steel$|~%20~|sattr04:^1/2%22-13$|~

I used 1/2-13 x 1.25" SHCS with G8 split lock washers to secure the two pieces together.
If you don't have a fastenal nearby, you could always use 1/2-13 nuts and tack them in place on the back side of that ram mount as well.
Thanks! I have a Fastenal near by so I'll swing in and pick them up.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I was hoping there was going to be an update soon.

What gears (ratio) did you go with?

Jack

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can you confirm the length of the 1.5" tubing that's welding to the adjuster on the radius arms? I thought it was said their 3" long?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
What gears (ratio) did you go with?
4:10's for now, I'll swap them when I do the ARB's and when I have the funds.

Can you confirm the length of the 1.5" tubing that's welding to the adjuster on the radius arms? I thought it was said their 3" long?
3" is correct.

Time to get this party started!

Not bad for the first few hours.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,213 Posts
Nice work. Taking the fender flares off all 4 corners permanently?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was really impressed how close the coilovers towers ended up being on mine. I think it was 3 mm on the length and 1mm on the width. This was measuring from the large hole in the front of the rails back to a make shift plumb bob hanging from one of the holes in the shock tower. And the width from the first round hole right behind the body mount where the skid plate bolts up and this was more of a x measurement. A little grinding to get the towers to go down far enough on the frame but I couldn't ask for anything better than that.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Gotcha on the 4.10's. I am starting to gather my parts as well and I'm thinking of going from the stock 3.73's to the 4.10's.

Jack

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Tim, you previously gave Nolan a dimension of 9.625" from the round hole in the bottoms of the frame to the cross member, can you tell me where on the hole that dimension is from (front, back or centered)? I got the rest of everything stripped out tonight and put the cross member up to the frame, with the transmission holes lined up I only have the front two holes of the factory cross member that line up, you can see the one factory bolt that lines up in the below picture and I only have about 8.75" to the center of the round hole.

81 - 100 of 180 Posts