Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 329 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
Bones said:
You don't need two batteries bossman.

I am there this weekend for a wrench-o-thon make a honey-do list for me.

• spare shafts
  • OBA
  • redo rear shock monts?
  • paint cage Kubota orange :D
  • make a Buddy area
  • CB?
  • jacuzzi
Need to put new u-joints in the front spares, have rear spares.
Need to hook up/plumb OBA
Need to plumb and wire ARB
Shock mounts are what they are
Need to install front and rear bump stops including bracket fab
Cage is half painted (as of last night), but no, it's not Kubota orange.... I'm still blowing orange boogers out my nose from painting your rig a couple years ago.
Need to make the Buddy area
Need to install and wire the CB and the Dual Band
While the jaccuzi would be :grinpimp: I don't think I'll have room for it
Would like to get winch installed
Would like to get the tub floor Herc'd
Need to get top & lift gate installed
Need to "dress out" the doors (reinstall wing windows, door glass, etc.)
Need to remember all the other stuff I'm forgetting and get that done too....

.... my head hurts now....

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
OK, back on topic... how much extra fuel do you guys carry with you on the trail and how much of it have you had to use in your 345'd rig? This is assuming you're going all the way through.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
FAWK! :mad3: I can't go. My father just reminded me about opening weekend of deer season being that weekend. We've had it planned for quite some time. For some reason I thought deer season started the week after. I would just skip opening weekend but this is zone X12 and I've been applying for it for at least ten years now since the last time I was drawn for it. Its a hard tag to get.

Besides that I have really been having the urge to kill something :evil:

:flipoff2:
________
Web shows

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Mechanos said:
OK, back on topic... how much extra fuel do you guys carry with you on the trail and how much of it have you had to use in your 345'd rig? This is assuming you're going all the way through.
It varies depending on the rigs set-up. When I ran an auto it was easy to burn a 33 gallon tank from Placerville thru the con to Tahoe. With a manual I burned half that. Being that your rig is untested plan on carrying ten extra gallons if you have a 19 gallon tank or 5 gallons if you have a 33 gallon tank.
________
Wild_Lianza

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Well, crap... I've got one 5 gallon can. I guess I'll have to pick up another one. I have a 19 gallon tank, T19 wide and an EFI'd 345.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 345 with auto and a holley carb and 19 gal tank (hmm always thought it was 20 gal). I fill up at Pollock pines and take 5 gal. and make it through, usually without tapping into the 5 gal of liquid Gold.

Dang, Jeff, I was looking forward to your being there, but getting tags for deer season, I understand. BTW, need some spare axle shafts if you've got em for sale.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Dr. Don Palmer said:
I have a 345 with auto and a holley carb and 19 gal tank (hmm always thought it was 20 gal). I fill up at Pollock pines and take 5 gal. and make it through, usually without tapping into the 5 gal of liquid Gold.

Dang, Jeff, I was looking forward to your being there, but getting tags for deer season, I understand. BTW, need some spare axle shafts if you've got em for sale.
I was looking forward to going. I'll probably end up going the week after. I do have some extra shafts. Give me a call in the morning to discuss. :beer:
________
Glass Weed Pipe

·
Registered
955 Posts
Mechanos said:
Well, crap... I've got one 5 gallon can. I guess I'll have to pick up another one. I have a 19 gallon tank, T19 wide and an EFI'd 345.
If you have room, I can lone you a couple 5 gallon cans. I have the good metal ones.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
ihojeff said:
I was looking forward to going. I'll probably end up going the week after. I do have some extra shafts. Give me a call in the morning to discuss. :beer:
Sorry to hear that Jeff. You should be able to hook up with Seans group though. I think Kevin mentioned they would be up the week after???

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
JoshC said:
Sorry to hear that Jeff. You should be able to hook up with Seans group though. I think Kevin mentioned they would be up the week after???
Talked with my brother Mike. He said he could use the extra week as he has his Scout all torn apart right now. Need to find out from Sean or Kevin when that weekend they will be going up.
________
Maira

·
Registered
125 Posts
right

we are going to miss wheeling with all the other guy's. But yes we are going Sept 30th. We are planning to get started Friday early. I don't think any of us are planning on going all the way through. We have about 6 Scouts coming so far. It would be great Jeff if you and your bro could make it. X-12 is nice though, I've been up there.

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
On this trip (16-18) who is planning on going all the way through and who is planning on turning around? What time are we meeting at Loon?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm fine with either going all the way through or going into the springs and back out. It depends on what most are doing and who has the most spare parts. :D With ARB's, CV driveshafts and Stock width axles, driving on the road isn't a problem for me...unless, not having doors gets an officer up in arms. :shaking:
As for time, we usually meet at 9am sharp...well most of us are sharp. :cool2: However, I'm a guest on this trip so we may be meeting at a different time.

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Since I'm parking on the Tahoe side, I'll be driving around to Loon and going all the way through. Driving on the street is also not a problem for me unless not having mud flaps is gonna get me stopped. I'll probably rig up some kind of detachable flaps anyway so I don't get hassled in Utah either.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
scoutrallye said:
we are going to miss wheeling with all the other guy's. But yes we are going Sept 30th. We are planning to get started Friday early. I don't think any of us are planning on going all the way through. We have about 6 Scouts coming so far. It would be great Jeff if you and your bro could make it. X-12 is nice though, I've been up there.
I'll be in touch with you to see if it'll work out with me and Mike going the same weekend as you guy's.
________
PussyBlond live

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
reuben said:
I am going half way in and back out, so is Josh
Well, that's two acounted for. Anyone else planning on going all the way through?

161 - 180 of 329 Posts