Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Did you get my email from a week or so ago? I finished my front bumper and winch mount finally, and just sent you another picture of it.

Keep the pics coming! Especially the ones of the fuel cell. You wouldn't be making an extra one of them would ya? :D

Those Iroc's look big :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I Just got them, I had a bad bug in my computer and been super busy at work.....Sorry for not responding...

·
Registered
743 Posts
When is that POS going to get out of my shop. It would be great if you would EVER WORK ON IT!!!!!! lol (shot to a bro doin a good job) p.s.tellcadenthat myspacebarstilldoesntwork c-ya

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The fuel cell is 34x21x7. I used a sending unit from summit and the walbro multi point pickup. I have not yet put the pickup's in the tank. I have no Idea yet how I am going to mount them...... I will take picks of the fuel cell assembly this weekend. (When I really should be at the lake):shaking:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
BPRCJ said:
Oh Ya, buy a star you cheep ass!!!!!
Not Cheap. Just Lazy! I will get one here shortly. I was just excited to post a pick of my turd that you dont help me on! LOL.

My heep is the only real jeep in your shop. FAG

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Peter_C said:
Did you get my email from a week or so ago? I finished my front bumper and winch mount finally, and just sent you another picture of it.

Keep the pics coming! Especially the ones of the fuel cell. You wouldn't be making an extra one of them would ya? :D

Those Iroc's look big :grinpimp:

Dam Pete. You project is apart! It looks great. Your a welding mochine!

I wish I cut my tub there also and put an extra 8 or 10" in there! LOOKS GOOD.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It looks like I am going to get 15 inches added to the rear of the tub. Should have probably made the front of my frame a little longer and gone for more. Plus it is going too only allow for about a 98 inch wheelbase. I need to get my axle links welded up and mounted next. I do not get to work on my rig much either, but put enough time in it the last couple of weeks my dickhead neighbor called the cops on me at 7:00 pm on Monday :mad3: So after asking the cop if I was doing anything wrong and him telling me no, I went right back to work with my air die grinder :laughing:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yes. I just got my computer hooked back up. Sorry the thread has died. I moved to another town.....Progress pics of the fuel cell and paint in the next few days. It is coming along slow but sure!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
rustyoldjeep said:
what were the original specs and drivetrain of your rig before the stretch?
Before the stretch,
225 buick v6, sm420, dana 20 with tera kit.
44 front detriot,4.88, 60 rear, spool 4.88

That set up worked well. The carb. really sucked. So I decided on the 4.3.

any pics of your rig?

·
Registered
180 Posts
no pics, it's just a chassis a tub and a pile of parts. Wating for it to start snowing here so I can have time to put it all together. I'll do a build thread when it's done.

I was planning to stretch the chassis and leave the tub alone, but now I am thinking I should stretch the tub. If not, I'd just end up doing it later anyways. So I might aswell just do it now!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Tap, Tap, Tap...still waiting for updates :)

Nothing new on my rig as I am moving too, and do not have a garage setup to build my rig in right now.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
My Cam. took a shit. So there is no flash. Sorry for the crappy pics.

I installed one of the blingy filler covers in the floor. This will enable be to access the filler cap in the tank.

Pic of the rear portion of the fuel tank.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
Well, I finally got a Flatty and the brand new CJ8 frame arrived friday.
I've started work on mine, but I'll wait for a motor before I start a thread,
cause while I'd like to use a 4.3L V6 I may end up with a 350V8.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I just installed 4 new Rancho 44044. Wheel base is finalized at 101. Should be a huge improvement from my previous set up. It does sit a bit tall. But I will live with it. I measured my tcase from the floor up. Came in at 26". Decent clearance.

Also over the weekend I started running -6 fuel line. Mounted the fuel pump, filter and return lines. More pics to follow. When I get new camera.

:flipoff2:

41 - 60 of 172 Posts