Pirate 4x4 banner

521 - 524 of 524 Posts

·
Old School
1,877 Posts
. . . I did a quick search for heads and didn't find anything. i'm going to keep an eye out and see if i can find a good deal on them.
Not sure what your definition of good deal is but I run these on the 5.2 in my ZJ:

Hughes Engines

I lived with the coolant issue for (many) years before swapping heads. Despite the constant smell of coolant in the exhaust the engine seemed to run fine otherwise. Head swap did not bring much to the table except no more coolant smell.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
Not sure what your definition of good deal is but I run these on the 5.2 in my ZJ:

Hughes Engines

I lived with the coolant issue for (many) years before swapping heads. Despite the constant smell of coolant in the exhaust the engine seemed to run fine otherwise. Head swap did not bring much to the table except no more coolant smell.
see for about that cost i can swap an LS and have a more modern ECU and motor. No oil leaks. better power and more reliable.

the last 5.2 i swapped head on i found a set for $250 CDN. if i'm goign to spend more than $500 then i might as well swap motors.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
i swapped it over to 8x6.5 with some wheel spacers and through on my 40's.

its a 3.5 lift and yes it turns lock to lock.

I ended up raising it up to a 4.5" lift. I will be redrilling the hubs to 8x6.5 and removing the spacers its just too damn wide right now.

521 - 524 of 524 Posts