Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Sport utility vehicle

Sold the [email protected]$P and getting ready to start a build on this gem! plans are LQ4 4l80 203/205 60's, 52's up front with 63's in rear all the hard parts are gathered just waiting on my b52's and a few other items. i am trying to decide which doubler system to use so please give me some thoughts my 205 is a 27 spline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can use that 205 with the northwest fab doubler kit without having to change the input shaft. i plan on using them once i find a 205. good luck with the build

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can use that 205 with the northwest fab doubler kit without having to change the input shaft. i plan on using them once i find a 205. good luck with the build
Yeah i like their kit is it worth changing the input shaft ill only be running 37's w/5.13 gears.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Personally I would change out the input.. its cheap insurance against being stuck in the middle of no where.

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
That's going to be a pretty long drive train. 4L80, 203, 205. Are there plans to stretch (in the rear) the wheel base? I would. Or maybe look into 4 spd atlas I think they are over all shorter. And you have the benefit of actually having 4 speeds, not 3 like in the 203/205 (that I also have). Plus it would be lighter.

Oh and don't cut the top off, it goes down hill from there.

My $.02.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's going to be a pretty long drive train. 4L80, 203, 205. Are there plans to stretch (in the rear) the wheel base? I would. Or maybe look into 4 spd atlas I think they are over all shorter. And you have the benefit of actually having 4 speeds, not 3 like in the 203/205 (that I also have). Plus it would be lighter.

Oh and don't cut the top off, it goes down hill from there.

My $.02.
yeah i plan to push the rear back as far as i can w/ the 63's i would love an atlas but i already have the 203/205. for now ill keep the top. :D

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got my 203 ready to drill for the 4l80e. ordered my doubler kit from northwest fab thanks for the help kris.

Auto part Tool accessory Engine

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally made a little progress still waiting on my DIY4X B52's been almost 3 weeks guess blazer bash kept them busy.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Bumper

Attachments

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oops wrong pic.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
finally got to work on it some again gotta give props to Kris @ NW Fab and Ruffstuff for speedy shipping thanks guys.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Van

Auto part Tool accessory Engine Automotive engine part Rotor

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally made some progress removing all the junk from the frame and 20 years of oil and grease truck was a diesel from factory and it must have been a leaky one.

Vehicle Car Auto part Soil Asphalt

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i hope this thing runs and good as it looks :D

Engine Auto part Machine

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks like a sweet engine. Specs?
Its a 2005 LQ4 bored 30 over with flat top pistons GMPP Hot Cam kit w/ lifters and springs. The intake is Edelbrok ill use their fuel rail also. Its my first Gen3 build so i didnt get too crazy with it.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you using an Edelbrock controller or the factory ECU? What about harness? I'm always looking for good info on what works. Thanks
Factory ECU reflashed by howell with their harness. There are lots of people doing the ECU's and harnesses now but i have used howell for along time on TBI's, TPI's and the gen3's and have never been disapointed.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i made some progress over the weekend, lots of cleaning and i got my B52's, ORD crossmember, FUSH's and motor mounts installed.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car
Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Bumper Car
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
picked this up from Andrew @ letzrolloffroad looks like they do good work.

Auto part Catalytic converter Differential Transmission part
Auto part Vehicle Car

1 - 20 of 69 Posts