• no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FAQ clean up/Don't post till you have read this?

Maybe I should have PM'ed fatkid or roxy; however I wanted to run it by the group before I spouted off in rant PM.

I'm thinking that the FAQ need to be cleaned out and repaired, maybe even redone completely. I have noticed many links are broken. It's about time we sorted it out. Maybe we need a "Don't post till you have read this" for the subtitle of the FAQ and have that first than the 2 axle stickys

There has been in the past month or so a flood of garbage posts looking for help on t-cases and check engine lights, the most hard core questions asked have been about fitting 32's and lock right repair I'm sure these are pending issues for new to the forum users.
It's not so much that I mind the posts or helping people out over and over... it's that the real tech is getting downed in a sea of shift sheets and wheel spacers.

The main reason some of the veterans flame newbs is; if you have looked around pirate, this is not the correct resource to be asking simple automotive repair questions like what is the right oil for my zuk or my clutch is sticking. This is a Hard core rockcrawling site. Think we're bad go to the yota forum.

People need to understand this is pirate4x4 a forum for hardcore tech.
As of late new posts have started less than a month of each other ... after while of posting the same question over clutters up the forum.

The questions to the effect of "my check engine light is on" or "what is this little switch" questions. Both of which I am fairly sure are in the Chilton's and Haynes manual.
When people need these questions answered they need to Look in the FAQ (frequently Asked Questions anything not in there is in Acks FAQ link http://www.acksfaq.com/ or you could try IZOOK http://www.izook.com/tech/ (both are listed in the FAQ)
If you want a forum for simple dress up items and common every day repairs along with some good builds sprinkled in, there are other Zuk based forums for that
May I suggest?
http://www.zuwharrie.com/ or maybe http://www.zukikrawlers.com/index.php

As of late many new faces have shown up and that is great and healthy for our hobby, at the same time we are not sharing them our rules and many are taking things the wrong way. I will explain for you
This :flipoff2: is not to be mistaken for this :flipoff:
:flipoff2: is a signature almost friendly joke in Pirate the other is exactly what it is.
So sit back enjoy the knowledge posted here and if for some reason you find a question that is never been answered by all means ask, if not ..... Search NEWB! :flipoff2:

If some of this seems familiar it's because I used my rant from yesterday as a basis

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
You're right on the money. There needs to be a sticky for new people that explains what Pirate 4x4 is and what kind of questions/discussions will get flamed. I'm tired of guys coming here asking questions about bumper caps or shifter sheets or how large a tire they can fit on a stock-height Samurai, then crying when they get flamed and get told to search for the answer. Answers to these common questions have been discussed countless times before. Every time a thread like this gets posted, it bumps the hardcore tech threads down another notch on the page. As already stated and linked to......there are other Suzuki-friendly forums out there that are more tolerant to common upgrade questions. They are also excellent forums with many knowledgeable and experienced Zukers. In fact, many people who frequent this BBS also spend time on these others as well.

·
turd-polish-a-go-go
1,073 Posts
...Think we're bad go to the yota forum.

first line of the FAQ should be "search you fawking newb, nothing is new under the sun- unless you built it from scratch... then we want PICS!"

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe writing fat kid and direct him or Roxy to this post, perhaps we could either get this or a rewritten equivalent to the toy "read here first post, like a "sound out" as a sticky.
It might even be time for a changing of the guard here in the Zuk section or just a new deputy. This is not saying that our mods don't do their best, Fatkid is a great wealth of Zuk knowledge and Roxy is a legendary pirate Mod. However, they are stretched thin and can not spend much time in this section. I think we need a Mod that is here on a daily basis, who will police the forum.
I'm not trying to cause a mutiny, however given the chance I would be willing help. I believe we all want to see this section stay the technical center of the Zuk world.

·
Registered
947 Posts
These ideas sound great! It would be nice to see some "house keeping" done around here.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
915 Posts
I liking thees idears! but me gun to. sell my sammureye caas, I surcht and sercht and con nut find the ansur to 3 problumes = 1 transfur cais is stuck and caant shift / 2 samiee wont sturt caws it just clickee $ 3 I CAN'T FREAKIN SPELL TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!!

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i pm'd Fatkid

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump .... the pool needs more chlorine!

·
Registered
242 Posts
If stupid was a race I think some cleansing would be in order(joke). Yeah we need to crack down on all of this clutter. It makes me want to throw those one tons out back under my zuk just to have something nifty to read about. Or I'll just bug Lance about my red star so I can show you guys my boat sides and dovetaill. Yep thats what Ill do.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm in contact with roxy, the wheels are turning!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Maybe I should have PM'ed fatkid or roxy; however I wanted to run it by the group before I spouted off in rant PM.

I'm thinking that the FAQ need to be cleaned out and repaired, maybe even redone completely. I have noticed many links are broken. It's about time we sorted it out. Maybe we need a "Don't post till you have read this" for the subtitle of the FAQ and have that first than the 2 axle stickys

There has been in the past month or so a flood of garbage posts looking for help on t-cases and check engine lights, the most hard core questions asked have been about fitting 32's and lock right repair I'm sure these are pending issues for new to the forum users.
It's not so much that I mind the posts or helping people out over and over... it's that the real tech is getting downed in a sea of shift sheets and wheel spacers.

The main reason some of the veterans flame newbs is; if you have looked around pirate, this is not the correct resource to be asking simple automotive repair questions like what is the right oil for my zuk or my clutch is sticking. This is a Hard core rockcrawling site. Think we're bad go to the yota forum.

People need to understand this is pirate4x4 a forum for hardcore tech.
As of late new posts have started less than a month of each other ... after while of posting the same question over clutters up the forum.

The questions to the effect of "my check engine light is on" or "what is this little switch" questions. Both of which I am fairly sure are in the Chilton's and Haynes manual.
When people need these questions answered they need to Look in the FAQ (frequently Asked Questions anything not in there is in Acks FAQ link http://www.acksfaq.com/ or you could try IZOOK http://www.izook.com/tech/ (both are listed in the FAQ)
If you want a forum for simple dress up items and common every day repairs along with some good builds sprinkled in, there are other Zuk based forums for that
May I suggest?
http://www.zuwharrie.com/ or maybe http://www.zukikrawlers.com/index.php

As of late many new faces have shown up and that is great and healthy for our hobby, at the same time we are not sharing them our rules and many are taking things the wrong way. I will explain for you
This :flipoff2: is not to be mistaken for this :flipoff:
:flipoff2: is a signature almost friendly joke in Pirate the other is exactly what it is.
So sit back enjoy the knowledge posted here and if for some reason you find a question that is never been answered by all means ask, if not ..... Search NEWB! :flipoff2:

If some of this seems familiar it's because I used my rant from yesterday as a basis
X2
sent you a PM
Derek

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not a problem

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
i think this thread needs to be at the top all the time!

stupid ass questions on the board this week.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad3:

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just a lil bump to keep it fresh

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I'm thinking that the FAQ need to be cleaned out and repaired.
Good idea...my bigest bitch about the FAQ is when someone posts good info, (on any given subject)...and then his 3 buddys (or whomever) chime in with endless dribble for 3 pages about "That killer Bar-B-Q" they had last week, or some such $hit.

That really aggravates me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts