·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
947 Posts
Supazuk,
If you're still interested in cleaning up the FAQ's maybe we need an official head count to see who wants to nominate you. Or maybe those that think you're up to the task can send the mods that govern a friendly PM in support of your efforts. Just some ideas...

Mike

SupaZuk '08:grinpimp:
X2!!!

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Supazuk,
If you're still interested in cleaning up the FAQ's maybe we need an official head count to see who wants to nominate you. Or maybe those that think you're up to the task can send the mods that govern a friendly PM in support of your efforts. Just some ideas...

Mike

X2!!!
yeah I'm up for it, however didn't get much back from roxy last time
I really want to clean it, part lists, fix links make sure pics are up dated the basics

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
Ok guys(and girls if there are any)...Fatkid hasn't been around for a while and should be removed as mod. You all need to decide who you would like as a mod and I will direct Lance and Camo to this thread. I can tell you that they will want a mod that is active in the zuk world and that has been active on Pirate. I will still be around as back up for them. :roxy:

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
Alright, I posted a link to this thread in the mod forum for Lance and Camo to see and asked them to give you guys an mod that is active in the forum. :roxy:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
So who do we want as a mod??

Oh supazuk94 dont forget bad suzuki vendors.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks Roxy!:)

...Paging supazuk...:flipoff2:

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
humm i do live in a RV... i do believe that is a prerequisite to be a zuk mod lol
yes a good/ bad vendor sticky would be nice.. no bashing in it just details of purchase

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
added a poll

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
I spend most my time in the toy section and know how the playground works here. I recently aquired a sami and came to good ol dependable pirate for teh tech expecting a similar layout to the toy faq. Definately good tech in there, looks a little old though. Lots of dead links, chatter and a whole lot o info on the rollover lawsuit thing. I vote for a definate revamping!

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
yes and that is my major issue ... i would like to make acks page as the first part after a rant on how to use the section

·
turd-polish-a-go-go
1,073 Posts
supaz, i'd like to put together a section on 'zuk engine builds. also, comments should be deleted from the faq. if the comment has pertinent information, it can be cut-pasted as a quote in the post it pertains to. each post should have a header in bold denoting its subject. make it clean, buddy!

also, a good vendor/bad vendor list may not be such a good idea in the zuk community... the good guys and bad guys are well established, but it may hurt pirate's banner advertising revenue if the site *officially* bashes vendors. there's plenty of that in the forum.

rock on.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I think the faq needs a big clean up. The Toy faq would be a very good model maybe even link some of the axle info into our faq for the toy axle guys. I would also like to see more info on some the more technical stuff like suzuki v-6 swaps and building the 4 bangers for more power. I was searching last week for info on the 2.5 and 2.7 swaps and there are a few good threads but there is no mention in the faq.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
seems to be a few FAQ being posted as new topics .. want to remind people what to ask/ search for

·
Registered
703 Posts
I second the motion for an engine tech section. There are one or two users with usefull and correct information regarding the suzuki engines. There are a whole lote more users running around spreading misinformation and then being quoted and linked to by more users looking for answers. The myths and fables need to be weeded out and the only way you can do that without deleting entire threads, is to sticky an engine tech topic and lock it so that the member in charge of policing it can add updates as they are approved.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well, it has been a while for this thread, and there has been some major improvements in the last few years ... but I will cut to the point and say the FAQ is still a wreck :flipoff2: There is a ton of great information out there, but, in my humble opinion, the Suzuki FAQ does not reflect this. It is an organizational disaster, I would be embarrassed to recommend someone to it for info. It still needs some serious love.

I think there could be a lot more categories, and listed alphabetically, would make finding info a lot easier. The FAQ has a lot of holes, and its not because the info isn't out there, it just needs to be organized and linked. I also think the FAQ should be nothing but links to other threads, posts, or sites. It would make it a lot easier to read. Even if the link is just to a post later on in the FAQ thread. Links to threads like PBB ZUK BUILD TABLE OF CONTENTS is great, and there are many more timeless threads like pics of zuks, lets see your flex, how long are you aka stretch, etc threads that should also be included.

I could go on for too long. I am sure we can fill this thread with more ideas for the FAQ. I will be glad to put more of my own ideas out there, but just want to get the ball rolling again

( I know this is from almost 3 years ago)

...I'm thinking that the FAQ need to be cleaned out and repaired, maybe even redone completely...
X2
sent you a PM
Derek
excerpt from PM 23 June 2008

D Boz said:
FAQ clean up
... our forum is in dire need of some housekeeping ... the little bit of good tech gets buried ... I have thought of redoing the FAQ for sometime, maybe a few of us can make a joint effort to get this done ... if you want help putting this together, count me in ...
I am not just bitching, my offer to help still stands :beer:

Derek

21 - 40 of 47 Posts