• yes

Votes: 29 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Well, it has been a while for this thread, and there has been some major improvements in the last few years ... but I will cut to the point and say the FAQ is still a wreck :flipoff2: There is a ton of great information out there, but, in my humble opinion, the Suzuki FAQ does not reflect this. It is an organizational disaster, I would be embarrassed to recommend someone to it for info.
My thoughts also...while I'm grateful there is a FAQ at all, I'd like to see it cleaned and more organized. That being said, I know it's a lot of work...and I would like to help...just not sure how.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I've been mostly working on the meat and potatoes of the FAQ ..finally categorizing the sections (never was done before nor were there any order when i started) I will try to alphabetised to topics but keep them in sections.
If you notice, I always update the last date I have edited the main post with new links and topics.
Also, I re-stuck the FAQ (and renamed it suzuki bible) to the top! Linking it in the check in post was as good as unplugging a broken vending machine and expecting newbs not to see the lights on.
As for helping, sure! just reply to the FAQ post with topics and links to the post.. or even links to multiple posts with the same topic .. I can copy and merge to create one post on the topic . lastly link it from the FAQ, much like i have in the build thread ..
keep ideas rolling!!!!!! I can only make the FAQ as good as the knowledge that is shared!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've been mostly working on the meat and potatoes of the FAQ ..finally categorizing the sections (never was done before nor were there any order when i started) I will try to alphabetised to topics but keep them in sections.
If you notice, I always update the last date I have edited the main post with new links and topics.
Also, I re-stuck the FAQ (and renamed it suzuki bible) to the top! Linking it in the check in post was as good as unplugging a broken vending machine and expecting newbs not to see the lights on.
As for helping, sure! just reply to the FAQ post with topics and links to the post.. or even links to multiple posts with the same topic .. I can copy and merge to create one post on the topic . lastly link it from the FAQ, much like i have in the build thread ..
keep ideas rolling!!!!!! I can only make the FAQ as good as the knowledge that is shared!
I saw that the check-in and FAQ threads were just re-named and updated, and the FAQ made a sticky again. I think these are both good changes.

If all it takes is to just start posting in the FAQ thread, that's easy enough. I will start adding to it and hopefully it can get added/sorted/implemented into the first post.

It might take me a long time to add everything I would want, if we can get a lot of contributors it can get into shape quicker and be much more complete (CALLING OUT EVERYONE THAT THINKS IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
We send newbs to the FAQ all the time, and it really is kind of a mess. I only go there when I am bored and want to browse through random threads. I always hit the search if I am looking for some things specific.

I do have some cool info to add to the faq, upgrades not posted yet, modified wiring schematics for conversions etc... should I just add them in to the FAQ, or do I need to start separate thread? and let someone move them there if they are deemed "worthy"?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I do have some cool info to add to the faq, upgrades not posted yet, modified wiring schematics for conversions etc... should I just add them in to the FAQ, or do I need to start separate thread? and let someone move them there if they are deemed "worthy"?
Just my thoughts, but if you start a new thread, it can be linked to the FAQ, and then the thread can continually be built up and added to, and nothing has to be done to the FAQ itself. A thread all about wiring, putting everything together in one place would be cool :beer:

I added a bunch of links to the FAQ thread, and will try to keep doing that as I think of things. If Supazuk deems them worthy, they'll get added to the first post. If not, oh well, there was nothing to lose :D

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Just my thoughts, but if you start a new thread, it can be linked to the FAQ, and then the thread can continually be built up and added to, and nothing has to be done to the FAQ itself.
a while back i did that but not alot got added do a quick search of FAQ in this section.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I am guessing it's this thread (?)

**FAQ Wiring for a 8V 1.6 **

I see that it didn't really go too far, and neither did a couple other threads labeled 'FAQ'. (I admit I had never actually searched for that)

Still just thinking out loud and stating the obvious, but that thread started out with questions about wiring. I think skyman is talking about is doing a tech write-up, and I think that's exactly the type of stuff we need more of

41 - 47 of 47 Posts