Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy picked up a set of fairly tough lookin 8 lug axles at a swap meet. Guy who sold them said they came off an International. He asked me to post and ask about them. Rear is full float, not a 14 bolt or dana 60-70, front does not have selective hubs but as caps which are labeled either Fargo, or fabco. Cursory google searches are not helping. From his description i'm thinking they are 1 ton or greater (based on weight took 4 men to load each one) as always any help is appreciated. Marko:)

Don't know what kind of international, older truck, unk num of bolts front or back i will look this weekend when i go up the hill if yall would like more info or if you would like me to look for somthing specific
ty again

·
Registered
201 Posts
They're probably a closed knuckle Dana 44 and Dana 60. The drums on the front make it much heavier than a normal front axle, and the rear... well who cares, thats probably what they are, but if you want a better idea post a pic.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more info

got pics on my phone, email me at [email protected] and i can send them to one of you who are savvy and you can post them i'm out of ideas lol,
info
Rear: 8 lug studs, 8 axle bolts, full float, drum brake, pumkin is round with 10 cover bolts, pinon enters diff from passenger side off set, not straight in, (yes i know its not a gm 10 bolt) pinion side is held in with 10 bolts and pinion is held in with 4 bolts, ive been told this is a true 3rd member, So the ring and pinon bolt into the front and the rear is a diff cover that bolts in as well.
Fill hole on diff cover is driverside lower that middleways up.

Front is open knuckle, 8 lug studs, also with round diff cover (ten bolts) and offset pinion entry. The diff covers frnt and back are the same, drum brakes, 6 bolts hold the hub to the axle under an aluminum fabco caps

i will try to get yall those pics
thank you

·
Registered
604 Posts
The rear kinda sounds like an old eaton...Some of those sound very much like what your speaking of....

The front axle sounded kinda like an old napco until you said it was a open knuckle.

As far as fabco goes, they work mostly with heavier driveline stuff, but it is entirely possible they made smaller stuff. Anything iv ever seen from them was rivaling the eaton heavy axles.
sorry, gotta get the pics dude.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts