Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just realized that I might be around the Farmington area the weekend of the ladys competition and would be very interested in checking it out but I can not find any info about the event except the date and it is in farmington. Can someone help me out with more info ie; price, actual location(directions if possible), time. I have never been to one of these competitions and would love to check this one out. A little help please.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
The holiday inn in Farmington (the real holiday inn, not the express one) is where most/all of the competitors will be staying. There was lots of people hanging out in the parking lot after the event last year too. The hotel has a special rate if you tell them you're coming for the event, I think it's $58 per night. I can't remember exactly how to get to the course from there, but once you're at the holiday inn, you'll be able to find somebody to get you directions to the course, it's only 20 minutes or so from the hotel.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will probably be staying in Bayfield, CO which is not far from Farmington. My fiances family is from Bayfield so free roof for me to stay under. How long do you think the event will last? I will just be passing through so I would only be able to go for a little while. Also directions would still be appreciated. So I take it that there is no cost for spectators?

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If it is the same place as the ARCA event in choke cherry canyon (most likley) here is the map:

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Brian1 ]

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
It'll last all day friday and saturday (i think last year it went till around 5ish?). No cost for spectators, other than maybe for parking.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
801-288-2574
[email protected]

For Immediate Release

The Goodyear/Skyjacker Extreme Rock Crawling Nationals

Riverton, Utah - The Goodyear/Skyjacker Extreme Rock Crawling Nationals is wrapping up the season of 2001, as the American Rock Crawlers Association (ARCA) prepares for their Series Finals in Farmington, NM, September 27- 29.

The first three events of the season produced different winners every time, keeping this competition a tight one! Johnson Valley, CA, ended with a two-way tie between Shannon Campbell and Tracy Jordan. Las Cruces, NM, ended with Matt Burkett, grinning from ear to ear with his first win. And now, with one more event behind us, the legendary Walker Evans walked away with his first win of the season in Cedar City, UT.

The question now in the minds of thousands is, ‘‘Which one of these seventy drivers is going to walk away with a notional title?’’ Jeff Waggoner and John Currie, for the first time this season, have taken the lead in the series point’s race, while Joel Randall, the series leader prior to Cedar City, is now sitting in fifth place. With only a small gap between the first and tenth place competitors, the series title could go a number of ways.

Between twelve and fifteen thousand spectators turned out in Cedar City to watch these drivers battle what is now referred to, by spectators and drivers alike, as the toughest course designed in the history of rock crawling.

One of ARCA’s main goals is to help this sport grow into a world-class competition. Cedar City is proof of ARCA’s dedication to: 1) build world-class courses; and, 2) add prestige to the sport. Having a professional announcer is a big plus, especially for the spectators that are unfamiliar with the sport. Also adding prestige to this event is over forty thousand dollars up for grabs. Come the eve of the 29th of September, more than one competitor will walk away with literally thousands, but only one will have the National title.

For media kits, vests, etc., come to the ARCA trailer out at the event site between 8:00 and 8:45am either Friday or Saturday. All media must have a business card or credentials of some sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts